Hornets Head Coaching search (2022)

The Buck’s are firing Budenholzer?? Are you serious? That’s ridiculous to me. Seems waiting this out may be the best option, since so many coaches are being let go.

Reread and wait for it

haha man… I missed the date up top. But maybe we should just wait out the whole year for one of those guys. We don’t need a coach anyway.

1 Like

I am at a lose for our coach . I have no idea who would be the best fit.

If the choice is MDA, then I would think win now will be the direction. I would expect to acquire some veteran talent, and a legit 5. If it’s KA, then it’s stay the course. QS is unlikely, but he would signal a switch to win now I think. I’m good either way, just ready to know the choice.

2 Likes

I’m going to be happy with either MDA or Kenny Atkinson, I feel MDA is the riskier hirer but I also think he could take us to higher heights than Atkinson

I’m happy if we hire Kenny Atkinson. He’s had one shot as an HC and got fired by star players, despite doing a really good job with the roster he had. Former PG who ought to be able to relate to LaMelo. Good defensive coach who got buy-in from his Nets team and saw significant improvement from them. Add to that the experience he’s gained from the run to the finals, and I think he’s a good hire for us.

1 Like

The only player I care about on this team is Melo. The only player on this team that matters for the future is Melo.

MDA will maximize Melo’s game and he’ll crush it in the D’Antoni system.

I can just about guarantee you that the organization is being cheap, and MDA expects to get PAID to take the reigns on this problematic roster. I feel strongly that it’s a money thing.

1 Like

Much I like about Atkinson, but a lot of questions had to be answered in interviews.

#1: How are you going to play LaMello? #2 what about other star and money players?

KA 4th Nets year…Mo Talent, Mo Problems. A lot of friction with new roster, new players not part of the KA click and equal opportunity roster. Not just fancy sharing team offense alpha stars and veterans not like, but playing time and rotations. Am i’m going to have to call every game to get someone break the 30 minute barrier and play those tremendously huge Kyrie minutes…32.9 a game. Explain those “perplexing” complex mix of coach favorite, analytical, and pace based rotations.
And convince me, as roster pivots to one of youngest to older again, how will you be different than 2 years ago at head coach in dealing with kids than adults.

Can see why more proven MDA with Harden move to favorite…to old and cost to much, guess we go back Stotts or Vanderpool with Lilliard.

I’d still be in favor of Vanterpool over the field

All reports I’ve seen from Boone etc is that MJ is willing to open up the check books for this hire

Guys we have already failed the next coach and if the remaining dudes were smart they would withdraw too. The fact that we don’t have the next coach in and assessing possible draft pick fits and potential trades should send a message to the next coach that he will have ZERO personnel input.

Who wants that BS? Are we really telling these guys that you will have a week to figure out who fits on the team? That is unprofessional at best and obnoxious at worse. Let’s call poor leadership decisions “poor” as we see them being made.

I’m sure we have a plan at what direction we want to go and we want a coach who will play the players we spend high picks on. I think all will be ok.

Woj just dropped a subtle tweet that mentioned in passing that we had spoken with Chris Quinn about our opening. First I have heard his name. Like the fact that he is part of our search. He is a great coach and very highly respected by players in the league

I thought he would have been a top candidate.

Yup, same. He is like top 3 on the list of assistants ready to take that leap

I wonder if anyone wants this job

I mean, pretty sure D’antoni and Atkinson wouldn’t be meeting with MJ if they didn’t want it.

I know. I’m just being a pessimistic boner.

Ha you have been pretty down this offseason. Hope we can get your spirits up soon haha! Very exciting times for the ol Hornets