Hornets @ Magic Game Thread

Melo stinking things up tonight .Trying to be the hero.

1 Like

Indeed but he finally makes a big three. Buzz up 4, under 8 to go. Magic call timeout

Really good job by JB going with Ish to close the game

Definitely not a good Melo game. But we still pulled it out. I wouldnā€™t hate for Bouknight to get some minutes eitherā€¦. Heā€™s gonna get Monkedā€¦ I know it.

3 Likes

Bouk going to be okay. Rookie on a team thatā€™s about to be 4-1. Heā€™ll start to find minutes sooner than later.

1 Like

Encouraging to me to win on the road (even v a bad Orlando team) without Terry and PJ with a bad game from Melo.

MILES BRIDGES HOW DO U DO :triumph::triumph:

1 Like

Itā€™s so nice to have Hayward back on the floor. Such a calm, steady player. Love his quiet efficiency.

Miles is playing at an insane level.

Jalen was huge. So was Cody. And I love me some Ish!

When Terry gets back we will be hard to handle.

4 Likes

Magic players trying to trash talk Miles
Miles:

McDanielā€™s and Martin and Ish are earning playing time. They all need to stay in the rotation even when Terry and PJ gets back. A very solid 10 man rotation . Hope Melo goes back to pass first then his points will come. Only 3 assist tonight . I donā€™t care if he donā€™t score but 4 points as long as he keeps passing and rebounding.

4 Likes

They really missed pj. I donā€™t want to like Cole Anthony but man can he score.

Gordon Hayward down the stretch again. I enjoy watching him play.

2 Likes

Coleā€™s talent was obvious early in his college career. To me, heā€™s an example of scouts overthinking it. The kid can play and I thought a lot of teams made a mistake passing over him. Heā€™s fun to watch.

3 Likes

Hayward just plays around and gets 20 + points. The game is pretty effortless to him.

2 Likes

Melo must learn from this game. Just too many bad decisions last night, including the bone headed 3 and dunk attempts in the 4th. Hopefully he can bounce back in the Miami game.

1 Like

I know Lamelo had a poor game last night, but JB has to do a better job at keeping him in rhythm with his stints. Sitting for 10 mins at a time in the second half is not helping him carry momentum through to the end of the game.

2 Likes

Melo sit because Ish played much better last night. I think JB did the right thing benching him last night. He has the tools but he has to stay under control. Real bad shot selection.

I lean towards what youā€™re saying about playing Ish since he was playing much better than Melo.

But the caveat is that JB is developing a pattern of pulling Melo when he starts to not play well. It may be the right move for the team at times to go with Ish (or the hot hand), but as a young player Melo HAS to learn that there will be times he will not play well and he must learn to be resilient and play himself out of the funk.

He wonā€™t learn that by quickly being pulled and parking it on the bench for 8-10 minute stretches. If anything, it will reinforce bad habits of trying to make things happen to avoid being benched.

It just reinforces the anxiety or negative association with not playing well. Lol sorry guys, Iā€™m in psychology and this is how I think.

Well, about the rhythm thing, Melo also has to do a good job of not racking up fouls early. Pretty sure it contributed to the lack of rhythm since he was yanked pretty early in the first. Early in the season though hopefully he can adjust moving forward.

1 Like

Itā€™s easy to forget that Lamelo is 20 years old.These types of games will happen from time to time. Imagine how fun it will be when he is always on his game.

2 Likes

What tnhornetsfan said.

Also you know coach B has him working on D and thatā€™ll get him in foul trouble early as well. Itā€™s just part of getting there.

Not saying that for last night really as I do consider some of those ā€œdumbā€ fouls; to me last night falls under what TN said.

It was also apparent Anthony was hopped up to play against him, yet another thing heā€™s going to have to get used to.

2 Likes