Hornets sign Kelly Oubre

Could swore I saw LaMelo with the nail polish last year. Might be thinking of someone else though. I think it’s a thing at the moment; don’t mind at all, was just asking the wife the other night if I should go all black.

Also not really worried that Oubre might leave Charlotte for NY, come on now.

These guys got lots of money and some will use it to live out some of their creative dreams. I can only applaud that.

It is amusing how much time people spend “helping” others live their lives better

Will never understand people hating on nail polish, tattoos, piercings, etc.

Hell one time I did my toes with the wife, and we did Hornets colors. It was right before a big family reunion too.

2 Likes

It’s the ultra masculine “real men are tough and don’t like art/colors” in them

I would prefer he put that time into Basketball but if he’s living up to his contract all is good . My self i would prefer he spent that time like Terry but very few work like Terry. As for nail polish it’s not my thing but i have seen all kinds of stuff like that in my 65 plus years . It’s just not 4 me.

I am SHOCKED that I am citing Chef - SHOCKED! But that is my entire point, this stuff should not get in the way of basketball. Clearly if you are into this stuff then you want to be in NY or Cali not NC.

Okay, so he’s a professional and he will focus on basketball because he’s getting a big check. Cool but don’t count on him sticking around when his dreams are clearly somewhere else. I think its safe to say that he’s a short term temp.

Again 4 different teams in 4 different years. Its looking less likely that NC will be different. I am hoping that he’s not going to be a locker room distraction. I am concerned!

Yeah I think that I saw Melo with nail polish too. If that is the new trend among young folk then its BS.

1 Like

I would prefer that he solve the climate crisis or world hunger with his cash, but if he’d rather not go that route that’s okay.

I’m just not worried about Kelly Oubre tbh. Hope he has a good season here and enjoys his stay for however long it turns out to be.

2 Likes

Why in the hell does this matter this much. Its nail polish. Lets talk about basketball. I think everything will be ok.

1 Like

Anyone run the numbers to see what nail polish he wears that results in the higher three point shooting?

I remember when someone ran the numbers on james harden performances in various NBA cities as it correlated to the cities’ quantity and quality of strip clubs :laughing:

Let them dudes do things outside basketball. Pretty sure they have the right to do that, no? Not sure why this is even a thing to be bothered about lol.

1 Like

speaking of running numbers, we need an analysis of conversation quality on here by month. august and sept would clearly lead in lowest quality, worst tone and highest snip factor.

it goes with the territory.

1 Like

Wasn’t there once a stat that Marcus Smart shot better when he had shorter hair above his forehead?

I recall the one about Elfrid Payton.

1 Like

I remember Smart would have his shooting hand right above his head. Obviously most guys shoot with their hand just to the side. If that hair was too high, it spelled trouble.

Elfrid Payton makes sense. I wonder if Adam Morrison’s NBA vision was impaired by that mop of his. He needed all the advantage he could muster to see the game at this level.

We watched 62 free throw misses to determine if Elfrid Payton’s hair blocks his own shot - SBNation.com

But I thought there was a more credible study done by someone and it involved more than Payton (but don’t recall Smart being in that cohort).

1 Like

A whole bunch ado about nothing.

1 Like