How High is the Ceiling of Devonte Graham?

How much better do you guys think Devonte can be?

There’s a roof joke in there somewhere.

He’s shown a lot of skill this year. It will be entirely different when he’s been scouted if we don’t have bigger and more worrisome threats on our roster. I think his arc is ultimately defined by the cast around him.

2 Likes

He had started to work on his mid-range game in those last 5 games and that’s the next step for him. More guys are going to run him off the 3 and help will be focused on him at the rim. If he can get that down - and I think he can, he’s going to become a fringe all star. IF he can get some other guys around him as Adam said because if we don’t win, he won’t get the recognition.

2 Likes

I grew up a Sixers fan in the late 70’s thru the 80’s. Graham reminds me of Mo Cheeks a bit. Cheeks was better defensively, but I think Graham is a better offensive player. So, I agree with above posts. With a good cast around him, i can think he can be a multiple time All-Star.

2 Likes

Like the others have already said, it depends on how well his game is suited for the talent around him and vice versa; but equally important is whether or not he develops his ability to finish strong and quickly around the basket. Ball-handing, decisiveness and finishing are the three areas he needs to focus on the most to maximize his potential. If he improves in all three, he’s easily a consistent all star level PG. If he stagnates, then my earlier predictions about him will prove to be wrong. I feel like he can be the kind of player that makes others around him significantly better. He won’t be able to carry a team single-handedly (without other all stars along side) to a title but he can amplify the talent around him and facilitate a fast-paced, high-powered offense.

His ball handing needs lots of work. His passing is real good. With just a floater will make him better. He will never be a strong finisher. He just needs to keep defenses honest around the basket. Don’t think he will ever be a all star , But could be a solid starter. Not much of a drop from Kemba a solid player.

2 Likes