Huge Game against Wiz

Doesn’t work that way. If both us and pacers end up being left out of the playoffs, we still have higher odds for the top picks even if we are the one to advance in battle for 8th game

Also this whole week has been a big gut punch for us hornets fans. The ultimate Hornets law in effect. Just sucks to think of the what could have beens if we have been a little bit more healthy down the stretch.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s interesting. Currently sitting at a 9.4% chance of getting a top pick. As it stands, we get the 11 pick, which ain’t bad.

And still have a playoff chance, even if it’s not looking good for us.

Ok good. Then we are in decent shape. Our guys have gotten to play multiple “backs against the wall” games to end the season.

If we win, good, if we lose, bring on lotto luck.

Best case scenario we have the 11th best odds, also known as the “Horncats pick range”.

Hope we can jump up

1 Like

HHAHAHAH got this on the 4th try

Joking aside, I agree. Its painful now but hopefully this could be beneficial for the young guys moving forward. If we don’t make it this year, so be it. Opportunity to add another young talent in the draft plus retool in the offseason.

I think we have roughly around a 9% chance of jumping into the top 4 but I may not be doing the math right. 2% chance of first, 2.2% chance of second, 2.4% chance of 3rd, 2.8% chance of 4th.

We all know we need more pieces. Not the worst spot to be in, we have a direction, most of our starters are solidified moving forward. Couple big decisions to make this summer and will be interesting to see what we do at the 5.

But boys, it is still possible that we go top 3 and get Evan Mobley!

1 Like

IT IS DESTINED TO BE!!!

I think I got 3rd pick on the 3rd or 4th try.

(won’t talk about the next 10 that were all 11 and even one 12.)

1 Like

That Spurs loss in the last seconds knocks another couple % off our chances.

Kick a man when he’s down.

I think we will coinflip for those odds, we have the same record as the spurs and split the season series.

Am I right? I call tails

Back at the 11th pick lol

Hornets are really limp dicking right into the play in games. As useful as a sad, flaccid weener just flopping around.

Injuries suck. Classic Hornets luck.

We haven’t been the same team since we had the meltdown against Atl a few Sundays ago. Prior to that we were one of the best finishing teams in the league. They had a never quit, never die attitude and a sense of confidence in clutch situations that honestly, was uncharacteristic of a team as relatively young and inexperienced as we were. All of that seems to have completely vanished over the past month. I know the injuries have taken a toll, but this just seems like a completely different team at this point. It’s almost like once we saw our own blood we realized we were doing things we shouldn’t have been capable of doing and stopped believing we could.

To me, this really speaks to just how valuable Hayward was to this team. His steady, veteran presence had a lot to do with that sense of calm. The intangibles he brings far exceed his stats. We’ve missed all the guys who’ve been out, but you can replace points, rebounds and assists. You can’t replace poise and experience (or at least we can’t). We need him, maybe even more than we realized.

2 Likes

The Hornets are 9-19 without Gordon Hayward Playing this season

This

We miss his calmness

1 Like

Me and my co worker watched at work today - Devonte missing two threes from the same spot the past two days was gut wrenching. We’re right there against comparable competition, but here’s the thing.

This experience will pay off next season. This crap hurts like hell right now but just like any team - going through this together will pay big dividends.

More questions will come but in the moment - going to Indiana on Tuesday is the next game. We find a way to beat them and the Celts/Wizards and we get Philly, even more experience.

The off-season development of Carey and Richards into rotation level players is huge. Pair them with a veteran center who can still play I think is huge.

If we resign Devonte and let Malik go for a stone cold 3 point assassin in the draft or free agency I’m fine with that. We have a lot of streaky shooters, we need that killer guy in my opinion. And I love Malik but that consistency just won’t come.

I was just looking at that Bridges dunk and thought the same thing. From that collapse on, we weren’t the same team.

9-19 without Hayward, wow. Look at the Celtics without him (they have had the injury bug though)

I wish we got a fresh legged Hayward back for Tuesday.