Indiana Comes to Town

I definitely asked this question

Think Dunlap is next up in the rotation

1 Like

Canā€™t wait for 85-year-old Larry Brown afterwards to try and turn PJ into Ben Wallace

1 Like

The only way that should be considered is if the organization is willing to commit the 4-5 years it would take without getting antsy and overpaying a free agent to get to the play-in. At this point Iā€™m willing to wait it out and see where we land in the lottery.

Trade Melo for 4 first rounders and then we can flip them for some worse picks. Sounds like a plan!

That said, why would we trade Melo? Way to early for that. Especially since we seemed to be locked for a high draft pick. Could be a killer tandom.

3 Likes

I see it the same way. Heā€™s not so impactful that heā€™ll keep us out of the lottery, and if heā€™s down for a while, we might be in for some healthy lotto odds. Pairing him with a top 4 pick could be just what the doctor ordered.

1 Like

Right on schedule

Donā€™t even say stuff like that man. Cmon baby.

Alsoā€¦ I know the team sucks right now. But letā€™s not forget that very important players are injured. I do think we are closer to the team we saw when the started. I still think we have promise. We just have horrible luckā€¦ so why trade away the only lucky thing that has happened to us right now?

First game Iā€™ve gone to in about 3 seasons. It was actually really fun, I missed the in person experience. Timed it perfectly to let my kids see Melo in person before his ankles collapse into collagen dust. It may be my old man self, but are the speakers louder these days in the arena? My Apple Watch was almost gonna call emergency services with all the loud decibel alerts I was getting.

Anyway, from my in game perspective, it was turnovers that killed the game. Terry seemed especially careless with the ball for some reason, never really saw him that loose with it before. Losing that double digit lead in the last 30 seconds of the 3rd set up that loss.

Me and the kids have a running joke with Plumlee, we had been mocking every brick and ugly left handed free throw he threw up with ā€œThatā€™s Our Plumleeā€ in a cheesy 80ā€™s sitcom tone, along with the goofy grinned double thumbs up. But since he got reelected as Senator Center and is hitting everything, its like, an ironic excitement when heā€™s dunking and blocking shots? I donā€™t know how to describe it, its crazy.

Sucks about Melo, we now have Teal shirt guy to go with Purple shirt guy to screw up our team. Pacers started double teaming Melo every chance he got the ball after his run of scoring, he had the look like he couldā€™ve gotten to 40 if they were playing straight up d. Letā€™s see what Dr. Nick says about the Queen Cityā€™s collective ankle curse.

1 Like

Me shouting at the clouds everytime I go to a restaurant. ā€œWhy is it so loud in here? People have no manners anymore!ā€

2 Likes

I had what should have been very nice season tickets for 3 years, but by half way thru I was so exhausted from the blasting PA experience that I couldnā€™t wait to be done with it and just watch the games from the comfort of home. By year 3 I was doing everything I could to sell or just give those tickets away. I became angry at the then-Bobcats for doing that. I paid a lot of money for what I came to feel was physical abuse. I tried ear plugs but they didnā€™t do much, and made me feel like an idiot wearing them. Iā€™ve wondered what long term damage they did to me by so much exposure, because my heads not right.

I wrote about it here before a long time ago, but I havenā€™t forgotten the one game where the PA went out for the 3rd quarter. My goodness for one quarter it was a such a joy to watch NBA basketball live and up close. It was so awesome. But then they turned the monster back on.

Where I sat you literally could not talk to the person next to you without yelling in their ears once the game started. Otherwise they couldnā€™t hear you. Ugh, no thanks.

1 Like

Iā€™ll add that Iā€™ve since been diagnosed with a condition that has manifested itself on me in other ways. That could make me more sensitive to it. But yeah, good ole migraines, tinnitus - some of that I put on the NBA.

The only redeeming thing about the bubble was getting to the watch the games as if you were sitting in on a closed gym game

I love hearing sneakers squeaking on the floor. I love hearing the players and coaches barking at each other. But most of all I love hearing the fans. The PA system takes all of that away.

man thatā€™s one of my number one pet peeves, is not being able to hear myself think in a restaurant over loud music. hate it. makes me anxious too because i canā€™t focus.