Kemba Could Have Chronic Knee Issue

Actually I could see a Kemba for Porzingus trade making some sense

Wow, that sucks for Kemba. Yet another 1st round pick for OKC.

Wow. That does suck for Kemba. Hope OKC is able to flip him.

Hopefully OKC cuts him or something this sucks for him

How can trades happen now? I thought the deadline had passed and the new season hasnā€™t started?

Hate it for Kemba, but next to no chance he ends next year on OKC. Probably winds up on NYK, Dallas, or one of the LA teams one way or another.

On Bostonā€™s end, Horford makes almost $10 million less next year and the final year of his contract is only half guaranteed (I think he plays one year in Boston and then is matching salary in a big trade), plus it lets you save another $9+ million moving Thompson. Not ideal, but it is what it is.

EDIT: Trades are allowed as soon as a teamsā€™ season is over. Technically Charlotte can make trades with any other team that isnā€™t still in the playoffs right now.

Amazing work by OKC

Will wait to see what they do before I give them too much praise but it is impressive

Ok, I am sure this will never happen and will be spat on by most but if I had any love (or even like) for the Philadelphia 76ers, trading Ben Simmons to OKC for Kemba would probably be one of the best outcomes that no one is looking at right now. Kembaā€™s ability to feed the post (a la his time with Big Al) is an underrated skill. His ability to run a highly effective pick and roll w/ Joel would be pretty crazy bananas provided both of their muniscuses/muniscai/muniscux fall in line. And we can all laugh when OKC gets another draft pick from PHI to trade Kemba for Ben :slight_smile:

Sixers would have to jettison Dwight into the sun however but thatā€™s all upside for the Sixers :wink:

Itā€™s funny that you say this. I was literally just talking about this at work. My co worker said he heard Simmons to golden state for Wiggins, 7 + 14 or something like that.

I actually said it doesnā€™t make a whole lot of sense for the 6ers. I then said what if they got OKC involved and did something like Wiggins and a pick for kemba and a future pick.

(Or Draymond instead of Wiggins)

Eh, I donā€™t know that Simmons really fits where OKCā€™s at right now, and Philly probably needs more than current-Kemba for Simmons. The deal I could see happening is something like Kemba for the Eric Bledsoe and Steven Adams contracts plus a spare pick or two (New Orleans is sitting on a silly number of them) to give Zion/Ingram more room to work.

This rumor comes from random Zach Lowe speculation at the end of a podcast.

Which rumor? Simmons to GSW or my thought about Kemba to 76ers? I hadnā€™t heard the latter, just a thought fwiw.

Zach Lowe speculated about a Kemba for Simmons trade.

GSW fans have been wishcasting Simmons trades for years.

Interesting. Not something I have heard him say so interested in how recent that was. To me, it does seem highly logical though. I do think the fit in NOP seems interesting, Zion as a point forward and Kemba as a catch and shoot threat could be fun.