Kemba Could Have Chronic Knee Issue

Seen a lot of Celtics stories about this the past few months but a lot of Celtics reporters seem to think Kemba could have some kind of knee issues that will bother him for the rest of his career

It’s funny that with modern medicine and training, people forget that father time is undefeated. At this point, kemba has been heavily using his knees for 25 years. Of course they are wearing out

Kemba out until midi january

Why didn’t he just get the stem cell treatment earlier in the offseason

He’s tried to rehab this twice now this calendar year. My guess is that they always want to try treat by rehab if they can vs ancillary treatment.

If Danny knew of this concern/condition, I’m surprised Teague was the total moves to provide a backstop.

Obviously the knee situation isn’t ideal. He’ll probably need the full Kawhi load management treatment going forward. They can probably get by with stopgap point guards plus Marcus Smart during stretches in the regular season if it means Kemba’s kind of fresh for the playoffs. You can get by doing that for the next two seasons (and I’d love if they could add a big combo guard like Malcolm Brogdan with the TPE and some picks).

However, and I hate to say it about a guy I’d like to see retire in green, that last season on his deal it’s going to be tough to not look at hunting on the trade market with Kemba as salary-matching, which is unfortunate.

Feels dirty to say, but his going to Boston might have been for the best.

Does anyone else feel really bad for Kemba this year? Sucks to see

I keep finding myself wondering if he left at just a time when he was really starting to breakdown physically. Not that we, or he, knew it to be the case. Only time will tell and there’s certainly a potential corollary with Hayward (not the leaving when breaking down but staring down a number of years of high maintenance). Here’s to hoping none of that’s the case.

Oh that was definitely coming. His last two seasons here were like double seasons for him. I believe he played something like 85% of the games and was literally the entire team. Plus he was a 4 year college player. A small player whose success is based on athleticism and heart does not age well. He is definitely breaking down.

It’s been just an awful year for Kemba and the majority of Boston fans have turned on him

That [last part] was inevitable the day he signed that contract.

In a totally fair media, singer would be under steady criticism for almost every move post drafting Tatum. Not that he should be fired just the recognition that careers and decisions have an ebb and flow.

Hate that dude is breaking down in front of fan base that never got a chance to see him shine.

Though, Kemba took the money, so there’s that.

wait, i slight at kemba for taking what he earned and not the 65% the hornets were offering him?

kemba could care less what the celtics fans think of him. he is a warrior that has given them 100% like he did with Charlotte. it is just not the same 100%. kemba will be fine.

I didn’t mean that as a slight. I don’t hold any ill will about Kemba getting his contract. But the tradeoff for Kemba is that he doesn’t have the relationship with that base, which is probably harder on him mentally now given he’s a guy that lives off, as you said, being a warrior. That comes with taking sucha contract though.

1 Like

Unfortunately it seems like Kemba’s destined to be moved this summer. Hopefully his next stop is more on the positive (LAC) than negative (OKC) for a veteran former all-star.

The odds of you guys moving Kembas contract seem low to me. I would keep him and hope that the extended time off and the return to a normal schedule he might be able to get back to about 80% of his former self