Magic Number Thread

It’s been a fun game since we put Mark back in the lineup in the 4th. Those Nick minutes were frustrating.

How in the world has Julius Randle not gotten a tech?

1 Like

I’ll have to admit - if we’re gonna win, ending the Knicks 9 game winning streak feels good at least. Lol

And yeah, I think Randle wanted a tech, crazy

2 Likes

Yeah, i don’t mind the win if it can spoil the Knicks’ night. Just wish it was because Bryce, Kai, Thor played big minutes to get it with DSJ at the point but Cliff will never do that

1 Like

Bryce got 19 and Thor got 10, but Bryce just said he’s hitting the rookie wall and Thor hasn’t done much with his time. Kai still looks like a lost deer out there man - I think they should definitely get more time in those blowouts but I think the hope is the veterans are going to play back to form and go into an offseason on a positive note.

I can understand that to a degree because outside of PJ, those guys are guaranteed to be back to start next season. I think they’ll try to run it back with that group plus Miles and see what happens before they make possible wholesale changes.

Really fun game to watch. Oubre was pretty sensational, especially attacking the rim. Played with tons of swagger at the end of the game too.

I also have no clue how Randle didn’t get a tech. He was still talking to the ref after the free throws while the Knicks were coming up the court. Then kept talking on the next play.

I thought he was trying to be a distraction during the FTs. I assume if the first one was a miss, he would have gotten the tech.

GREAT TEAM WIN TONIGHT! I think this win will do wonders for our morale this offseason.

Oh wait…nevermind

Just got around to watching the game last night. I thought Nick actually gave us some solid minutes. He was a part of the line up that made the surge when we finally took the lead. Thought he did a good job challenging shots at the rim, got some key boards and was able to get to the line and knock down his FTs. Mark’s the guy, for sure, but he wasn’t having a great night, so I didn’t have a problem with Nick’s minutes.

Agree with everyone on the absurdity of Randle not getting T’d up. But it was also a historic night in that we saw Cliff get T’d up for actually defending his guys AND he even challenged a call. Not sure we’ll ever see both of those things happen again in the same game.

2 Likes

Cliff was forced to adjust lineup when Williams went down. Williams back and we are playing Nick 14 straight game minutes instead of adjusting for the happening lol. Bet Williams comes in 6 or 7 minute mark

5.5 games out from Orlando. End of season is going to be complicated to watch.

Wiseman is about to become Detroit’s Jermaine Oneal.

Thumb out of joint hurts. But it isn;t to bad after you put it back in. My shoulder came out ever day for years . After five segurys it stays in now. Mark should be good next game. Unless we want to play Kai . Like dnbman said 5and a half is the number

Shouldn’t even be a topic of conversation. So dumb that terry and oubre are possibly playing you out of the best chance to salvage a terrible franchise

But since they won the season series, isn’t it 6.5 games out? Do they do head to head tie breakers for lottery purposes, or just the stupid coin flip?

Since we’re playing Utah and the Cavs this weekend, I’d make sure Mark sits to rest his thumb the whole time. Terry and Oubre can’t keep their hot streak going, right? Maybe convince Cliff to let Thor start so that we can get full use of his 2 points per game. Might change his nickname to Deuce since he can’t ever score more than 2.

It is good to see them win some as long as they don’t move up in the standings. It snuck up on me but out of the last 10 games we are 7 and 3. I am pleased but not as happy as I would be in a different season.

We aren’t going to pass Orlando, come on guys

Never say never coach. Remember you do have an actual law named after you

1 Like

No, if we win six and they lose six, we’re a half game up on them. Yuck: apparently ties are determined by coin flip or draws, whatever that means. So, yeah, we need to be worse than Orlando and not just tie to guarantee that 4th slot going into lotto.

Magic number is now 10. If we lose ten more games, we’re guaranteed 4th.

14 games left. I don’t think we’re going to pass Orlando, but it’s certainly possible.

Orlando is 4 games out of the last play-in spot. They are going to go for it, and even though we have won two in a row, we got Utah and two home games with Cleveland next, teams with some real stuff to play for.

1 Like

Jimmy Butler just doesn’t want us to have nice things.