NBA Draft Lottery Thread šŸ˜Ž

Starting to see some mocks with Miller going 2 before Scoot. Iā€™m sticking with Whitmore anywhere except at 1.

Whitmore has to many holes in his game according to a lot of experts. Most of the ones I have heard talk say he should go in the 8 to 12 range. Me I have no idea who I think we should go after the top three.

My worry is the Thompson twins. Neither can shoot, pretty much at all. I get and really like the high level D and athleticism they both bring, and more, but their lack of shooting will compromise the spacing and effectiveness of the entire O.

Wemby, Miller, Scoot, Walker, Hendricks, Whitmore ā€¦ I like all of them. Just need to know where weā€™re picking!!!

No more of these guys please. Been there done that

3 Likes

Thompson Shooting concern from watching play (only twice OTE), but are tough ballers and will get a lot of highlight dunks & transition buckets.
Liken #4 pick Scottie Barnes a couple years ago, athletic skilled defender will do a lot for teamā€¦but not big time scorersā€¦15 points a game until develops half court & 3 pt game.
Even w/o expanded offense still a high floor/low ceiling part of any rotation talent.

Bringing up Shooting, 2nd Worst shooting teamā€¦can see Hendricks & Gradey Dick sliding into our 5-8.

Both Hendricks and Dick donā€™t have a lot of weak spots in thair games. I could see both in the five to eight range.

We will be picking top 2 so 5-8 doesnā€™t matter

2 Likes

Hendricks, Sensabaugh. Worried about Thompsonā€™s, Walker, Whitmore, Black.

Iā€™m always wrong.

Iā€™ll never forgive you for making me a believer on MKG. :wink:

Yeah about thatā€¦.what a weird career.

Was hyped for Wiseman. Didnā€™t want Ball at all. Liked Kai Jones for whatever reason. Iā€™ll never look at ā€œprospectsā€ the same again. I swear I had more skills in 8th grade intramurals. Just kinda was never going to be an athlete though.

1 Like

Hendricks has moved up to three on some draft boards. He seams soild but I donā€™t know about him. Thompsons can be a BIG home run pick or compleate bust . A lot of gms worry about the talent they have played and shooting %. Dick is compared to Hayward by a lot of GMs. I like his shooting but worry about his lynth and getting shots off. Whitmore his 47ft% 50%ft% shooting scares me off . Most of thease guys have different Worries outside the top three.

Dick is a higher floor, lower ceiling guy. Heā€™ll be a good pro, but very much a third/fourth option floor spacer and link player, IMHO, and likely a hold his own (so to speak) defender at best. Iā€™m hesitant to use the words ā€˜Dickā€™ and ā€˜slideā€™ in the same sentence, but he would be a decent option if the balls (oh dear) donā€™t do us any favours.

I comfortably prefer Hendricks, better defender, better length, better athlete, and still a good outside shooter ā€¦ heā€™s the perfect fit for us. Currently, between him and Walker for fourth on my board. I see Walker as the better prospect (really high ceiling, if it all clicks), but Hendricks as the better fit.

1 Like

Just from what I am hearing yā€™all say about different prospects outside of the top 2 or 3, the best goal might be the highest floor guy. Especially the highest offensive floor guy. A table setter, motion guy like Dick is exactly what this roster needs outside of an alpha.

I mean Klay Thompson was forecasted as exactly that. So was Hayward.

Canā€™t fault your logic, but Iā€™d still heavily favour Hendricks over Dick.

Dick is a better outside shooter, though Hendricks is still good. Aside from that, Hendricks has him beat in just about every facet of the game, and handily too. Dick lacks burst, which hurts him on D and limits him on O, and both length and strength. Hendricks is the 6ā€™9ā€™ā€™ 3&D plus player every franchise is after. Dick will be lucky to crack the top ten. Again, just my opinion, but it isnā€™t close between them for me.

As for player comps, I lean much more towards Kyle Korver for Dick.

1 Like

You guys forget that none of this matters because we are picking top 2

2 Likes

DNBman, I remember most of us crapping on Harrison Barnes in comparison to MKG because Barnes had a disappointing run at the end of his college career. Sigh, hindsightā€¦

I want to apologize to ALL of the people-- not just NBA players-- that Iā€¦ or if I may, WE, have crapped on over the years so that the basketball gods will work in our favor.

In Naismith we trust.

1 Like

https://www.si.com/nba/draft/newsfeed/why-the-charlotte-hornets-should-spend-all-their-picks

2 Likes

Lol
Team has some of fewest adults in locker room and youngest teams ā€œEmbracingā€ a youth movement last 4 years. Had to bring in Marvin Williams locker room off court guy.

Mitch current rosterā€¦

2 old men (Rozier, Hayward) & 10 other guys.
1 is a superstar fell to us.
1 solid if ever healthy again contributor (Cody)
3 at one positionā€¦2 ascending (Mark, Nick) and #1 pick after we win in lottery !!!
5 projects (Bouknight, Kai, JT, McGowan, Kobi)

Could add one more kid if keep RFA PJ.

No dispute article roster talent poor, before adding 4 more projects to roster do something about ones have.

Trying to read the signsā€¦

Iā€™ve never had a dream about the lottery in my whole existence. As obsessed as I am about the game, it hadnā€™t infiltrated that deeply to this point.

It was set up a little differently than the ping pong balls. But for some reason I was representing the team that night, and had direct involvement in trying to win the top pick.

The other team in the top 2 was a team from New England. I donā€™t think it could be Boston because theyā€™re deep in a playoff run, but throughout history they always have lucked/cheated into the top of the draft somehow, so I wouldnā€™t be surprised.

And it may not have been Boston, its just my educated guess, because none other than Tom Brady was representing the 2nd team. Maybe it was Detroit since he played at Michigan? I donā€™t know though, my dream didnā€™t make it clear.

Anyway, we were both given these bouncy balls, not light like ping pong balls, but bouncy and a little denser, halfway between a rubber ball and racquetball. The rule was we had to bounce it on the ground off of a black circle in the ground, and try to hit a skinny black pole or stick in the ground behind it.

I went first and hit the target, and I guess the cheating deflator king hit his target too. But my second throw was so good, it hit the poll and split down the middle, and it turned out to be an egg inside?

I guess Thomas Bradycius the Arrogantā€™s throw wasnā€™t as good as mine, because the commish then pointed at me and said I was the winner, and I let out a blood curdling scream that ā€œWE GOT WEMBYYYYYYY.ā€

The lottery was also in my parents driveway for some reason, but it was the most excited Iā€™ve been in years. Decades. Centuries?

Well, thats my sign, donā€™t know how the universe wants me to interpret it. Itā€™s almost as if someone turned the AI chatbot on and asked it to simulate what really goes on behind locked doors at the lottery. Well hereā€™s as clear an answer as weā€™ll get.