Preseason Game 1 vs Boston

A lot needs work, from my original post narrowing to a couple backup center & guard.

Nick did nothing to cement hold at backup center.
Mark Williams lost and slow, send to Swarm.
Kai brought good energy and best…as 4th center against preseason 4th quarter competition. Next game at least move up ahead of Mark. If can cut back on the stupid, can move up, Nick is not a high bar to clear.

Dennis Smith best of backup guards this game.
Bouknight crappy game, hope a dynamic player to jump ahead of Cody in my fantasyland.

Bro, I believe this is a two command tank. Fine, I really don’t want to have to go to all the meetings and write field reports. You can command. But I get to fire the big gun.

1 Like

After One preseason game, looking over trying to see anything going into future

Starters played close to even and competitive. Not going to light up score in Cliff offense, but not shoot that bad.

While Cody & Gordon (ha) not out help, the depth bad and is a problem.

First half backups based around C Nick got busted up bad 25-10.
2nd half backup rotation with Mark at center got trashed worse 34-14.

Alllllllll aboooooooooaaaaarddddd the TANK!

EDIT: I should say IF this team was halfway competent. But you know we gotta try for those 33 wins

2 Likes

Utah and San Antonio definitely are in the front of the tank brigade. I think we’re safe in the east except for Indiana maybe. And I guess OKC may try to dip in again without Chet, but they might accidentally win too much with their young aces.

It’ll go a couple ways. If Melo becomes a Monstar and develops a killer instinct, then we may cross the 33 wins. But there is no paint protection on this squad. Mason and Nick aint it, Mark won’t be ready this season, Kai might not see the court. No inside protection will cause the perimeter to over help, which will cause open 3s, and basically us not being able to stop anybody.

Watching us try to win this year will probably be the same as watching Baker Mayfield try to get a pass beyond the line of scrimmage.

1 Like

Ouch. But, yeah.

Doesn’t look like the Pacers game tonite is televised. That’s probably smart.

1 Like

After the Jimmy Pickles’ season, I never thought I’d see a more dead-before-the-snap sight on a football field but here we clearly are and I was quite wrong.