Preseason Game 2 vs Pacers

In 24 minutes of floor time in his first game, Duren snagged 14 rebounds for the pistons

3 Likes

Itā€™s ok, 25>13 anyways, I am sure Mitch knows what he is doing with trading 13th pick for 25th /s

1 Like

Tari Eason 20 & 10
#13 more Talent to pay the likes of Cody, Oubre, Plumlee and be able play no talent draft picks.

Moves (and non moves) since Miles stuff, starting believe Mitch has to be tanking year w/o overt commit to the ā€œprocessā€ā€¦.giving up picks and capital and tearing apart playoff roster he assembledā€¦at least in his mind.
And If somehow Miles back next year, team not completely blown up.

Yuck. Just kill me.

Maybe we can trade that pick in the upcoming draft for a late 2nd round pick. Hopefully we wonā€™t win the lottery so we wonā€™t have to pay a player more money also.

4 Likes

ā€œWeā€™ll be fine.ā€
- Mason Plumlee
Maester of the Off-Hand

Iā€™ll never recover from the draft ā€¦ or, rather, my opinion of Mitch will never recover as a result of that Draft. I quite like Williams, but Duren and one from Griffin or Eason or Terry or LaRavia etc. would have been so much better.

My unrealistic wish, have a new GM deal with the first round and leave Mitch to the second round, where he excels.

3 Likes

I thought and still think, that Duren has the higher ceiling. Mark Williams has a low ceiling. I see Mark as a rotational big man that will float around the league. Until I see otherwise, this is the opinion Iā€™ll hold.

And please, at the end of this ceiling-throw this post in my face if Iā€™m wrong. I hope Iā€™m wrong, but I doubt it.

You arenā€™t wrong. Duran is a dog and we need more dogs on this team. Itā€™s sad.

This team needs an influx of talent. If you canā€™t afford it, cut salary. (Looking at Plumlee and Oubre) Sure, the draft was before the Bridges mess, but the roster needed more even at that point. Iā€™m still sore about it, and will probably never get over it. Time to clean house, top to bottom. Except Melo of course.

2 Likes

Bouknight stunk the place up again tonight. Melo looked good except two bad foul calls early. Williams stood out in the second half to me he just needs playing time McGalwen is smooth and looked much better than Bouknight . Way better on the defensive side of the ball. The game was at least watchable.

When I see Bouknightā€¦ I really do compare him to Monk. Only Monk was better and has higher upside. Should have just kept him instead.

Heā€™s not been good. Itā€™s only preseason so Iā€™m not out on him but he worries me.

You and I have always been on a similar page on Williams (Iā€™m a little higher on his potential/impact) ā€¦ he can be a good rim protector with real presence in the paint, BUT can be schemed off the floor and can only drop on D.

In a vacuum I would be happy with his selection, but not when Duren was on the board. I try not to think about the energy, effort and athleticism a Duren & Eason combination would have brought to us.

2 Likes

They need to trade Richards ASAP. Williams is going to sit behind Richards which is ridiculous.

3 Likes

Cody Martin has left knee tendinapathy and in Miami, Caleb is sitting with right knee tendinitis. Twins are actually mirrors of each other I guess.

At least Miami didnā€™t make up a new word that sounds like ā€œah itā€™s a tendon, we donā€™t care, not gonna worry about it.ā€ Thatā€™s on me.

Iā€™m sure the market is red hot on Richards. Same with Bouknight.

I think not trading them will help this team tank more. So keep ā€˜em!

-VP of Tanking Operations aka Tank Commander, powell

1 Like

Iā€™m holding slight hope that our entire offseason inactivity and draft night oopsie as well as drafting Williams who needs a year of soak time is in advance of trading or Hayward, Oubre, and Terry for future draft stock while simultaneous tanking for a guaranteed top 4 draft pick.

5 Likes

35% FG, 21% 3P (24-113), 64% FT (55-86)

dribble & stand could start look better if shots go in
Not like the more of same we had with pass & motion. Miss a few shots and the bad compounds, players get rattled.
When not hurt feel Gordon can be a Cliff ā€œglue guyā€ help make things less clunky

W/o Gordon,14-8 after last year all star break with an all star Miles, add IT & Harrell. Until then:

48-23 with Hayward
12-27 without

When Gordon out hurt & with Cliff coach
No Miles, adults & benchā€¦ugly.