The Buyout Market Thread

I have a hard time imagining Drummond not going to LAL

If tonite, will start Biy 4th straight game. since all star 19.2 mp, zeller 18.8 minutes with zeller hurting again. Need C help and FO has to be looking with what have, but having PJ split time at center and among best clutch NBA players, put a tight cap on what FO is going to pay.

If Drummond decides to go else where (which I think he will) I have been reading up on Gorgui Dieng from the Grizzlies. Went to youtube and watched some of his highlights and he might be just what we need. He’s not the top of the line but he can pass, rebound, shoot, defend, block shots and has good hands. He could earn Biz’s minutes if given the opportunity I think.

Unless we plan on releasing one of our recent draft picks, I don’t see how you add a 5th center with no roster spots. I think we’re done.

They should be done. these buyout guys aren’t really moving the needle.

FoundingHornet, any knews on the buyout front and who would be waived if anyone came available?

My feeling, from post-ASG lineups, would be that we would waive either Caleb Martin or Riller.

Hard to guess which one it would be at this time. If Riller really does have a bum knee that will be bum forever, it could be him

I will guess Darling would be waived.

Darling is on a 2-way contract no? Would assume you’d need to either sign someone to a 2-way or waive someone else.

I have been out most of the day but anyone know what Terry could have been reacting to at 2:30 PM that wasn’t concerning the buyout market?

Never try to read the mind of a man who has his “favorite” time tattooed on his head

That would be my guess… Darling

wow, take that Miami

So are we completely out of it now? Or does the media want every player to go to Brooklyn, LA, or Boston?

Miles retweeted it also. I’m intrigued.

So with LA to Brooklyn and Drummond to LA, then maybe Dieng (with the Terry Louisville connection), could be coming here?

Have to admit, I am really surprised that we’re involved in this outside of leverage. Crazy if so.

Would imagine Drummond is going somewhere other than NYK