The clinch game. Mavs

Hey I can’t be mad at Dennis icing the game against his former team, same way I couldn’t be mad when we beat the T Wolves befoew Lamelo went down.

Luka definitely has a whole bunch of diva in him. The league is getting really slack again under silver. Things like fights, morant and I know this will make me sound like an old man but the dress code going away.

2 Likes

The NBA was better when you could count on a good Stuart Gray kind of fight every other week

1 Like

I think Doncic is the worst complainer. They all do it though. LaMelo complains too much for my taste. I understand being upset when a ref misses a call, but wait until a stoppage to talk to the ref, not while the game is still going on. Oh, and stay off my lawn too. :smiley:

1 Like

Right but these are all “hold me back” fights. You didn’t fight in the 70’s and 80’s unless you were prepared for a real fight. These are the worst kinds. You can’t let these guys really fight, society is just different now, but these slap fights are just no good. It just adds to the diva-ness of the league.

3 Likes

Yeah, he seemed really whiney last night, especially, as you pointed out, while play was still going on. The whole squad looked like they were playing with a chip on their shoulder, in the worst of ways, after their issue the other night.

I’m sure if he’s on your team, he’s a lot easier to root for, but wasn’t a fan at all of Luka’s approach last night. Respect his game for sure, but he not a fan of his demeanor, which is weird, because I feel like when he first came in the league he had more of a “nothing is going to phase me” approach, which I appreciated. Maybe I was just watching the highlights.

I do get worried of Melo being this way.

1 Like

If you haven’t watched ESPN, they said this was the biggest upset in the NBA this season, as we were +16.

To see Kidd and Luka so despondent after the game was something else. They are going to try and murder us on Sunday. Lol

Even Cliff after the game said he wished we didn’t have to play them again on Sunday.

But imagine if we were in their shoes, what a disappointment it would be to have that kind of talent and be floundering like they are.

3 Likes

I hope we beat their butts on Sunday too. Not a fan of Kidd, Luka, or the Mavs generally.

1 Like

I love how Dallas was in 8th place with an easy home game against a bottom 4 team without 3 starters. Now they’re in 11th place, and I’d love to help knock them whiny bitches out the next game. This could be the championship of our season, can’t wait.

And since we’ve bagged on him all year, and yes, he still has major flaws, it is a credit to Cliff’s coaching that they are still competitive and still bought in. I don’t see anybody checked out (except for Speed Racer). As annoying as his predictable substitution patterns and quick hook to young guys are, you can see the process (wait, let’s not use that term)… his teachings are taking hold a little bit. There is definitely a ceiling to his approach, but he always seems to get a team’s floor to at least mediocre every time. Yay mediocrity.

Now if we still had a shot at Snyder in the offseason, I would swap them out. But my dream died, so I don’t know.

2 Likes

He’s only on a 2-year deal, we might as well keep him and run it back with a hopefully healthy roster with some quality depth. There is a little bit of culture developing and the locker room seems to be in a good place.

1 Like

I agree

These kids are soft… they need XMan or Oak to smack em around a little bit