The Epic 2023 Trade Deadline Thread

I like to see the positive rumors. Mitch built around Kobe’s non playoff teams a couple of times, so at the least, I think he understands value and maybe ways how to build a team.

Between Plumlee, Terry, Oubre, maybe a “healthy” Gordon, theres at least 2 first rounders and quite a few second rounders. There is no way a conscious Mitch does not try to gain assets plus great lottery position vs. making a run for the 10th spot at best.

Cliff wants to get to 10. But Mitch has the power to say, fuck you, we’re gonna suck this year. Do I trust Mitch, normally no, but he at minimum has enough logic to realize the better long term future is one of the top picks instead of aging veterans who are always injured.

So I do feel generally confident of at least 2 moves we’ll make. Just gotta take the best ones. But we do have to trade while our starters are “healthy” so we don’t steal too many wins.

I really hate the heat, but dammit, they might of continued their tradition of hurting us by losing to us in this game. Stupid bastards.

4 Likes

Man, I hope you’re right.

If Mitch plays this right, we can reload for next season with a premium talent alongside LaMelo, some quality, two-way prospects rounding out the rotation, and be in a much better position in the near, medium and long term. There is at least one reality where this plays out, surely?!?!

1 Like

Be still my heart

1 Like

Just hope it’s not “gathering information”

Mitch “due diligence” kupchak

1 Like

I’ll be pretty surprised if they trade anyone.

A lot of talk. We shall see. At this point I’m actually predicting there is a decent sized move.

Winning too many games
Need to thin out the herd for picks

Imagine having three first rounders on this draft with one in the top three.

I am just glad that you are hearing the middle paragraph. I really do hope the front office knows a teardown reset has t happen

1 Like

Love the sound of that.

Blockquote Imagine having three first rounders on this draft with one in the top three.

The we trade a few of them for several seconds or something or cheaper picks. :wink:

2 Likes

Have we begun to restructure yet?

4 Likes

You’re over me?

When were you… under… me?

Don’t we have to structure first? :wink:

1 Like

Half the forum “I don’t get it?” Looks up reference. “Ok Boomer”

Would be a surprise could find deals FO accept & teams who would actually taker Rozier or Hayward contracts.

As shocked FO cannot get deals for a couple of expiring Jalen, Plum, Oubre, DSJ & RFA PJ & Nick.

We should be able to get a teir two player and a first for Terry . Two first if we don’t get a decent player in return. Terry gives you most things to win a championship . Jaylen might give us a first but most likely a second. His expiring don’t help us when other teams can just sign him straight up. Plumlee i can see being a key backup center on a contending team. Some teams he might start. I think he could bring back a first.Oubre is the same as Plumlee. But both players are just a short team rental so i have no idea what a rental brings back. Dsj im not a fan of and i don’t know if he brings back any thing. Richards is a short rental who might bring back a second. We have aton of 2nd round picks all ready . I don’t know if management want’s any more second round picks. I really don’t think Mitch wants over two first round picks this year. Our biggest needs i think is a sharpshooter. And a good defenseive player.
Having contracts expiring and money to spend under the cap will help.
We should have around 30 million to sign a player in free agency .

2 Likes

I recently recorded a podcast with Jake Fischer of Yahoo! Sports, we covered:

• Charlotte’s front office perception around the NBA
  • An update on the Miles Bridges situation
  • Most likely Hornets players to be traded
  • Terry Rozier’s value around the league

You can watch/listen at the link below, if you enjoy please subscribe!

https://www.si.com/nba/hornets/news/jake-fischer-hornets-trades

4 Likes

Who can’t wait for Plumlee to leave?

2 Likes

Give us something to talk about what you are hearing founding. Even if it doesn’t end up happening. Just for fun

I saw a rumor where Bones Hyland was traded for Plumlee somewhere. Who says no?