The "we get a choice between Bally and ESPN" game

“Hey guys, I’m seeing some light rain in turns 6 and 7 - we might finish this thing in the rain.”

“Huge save by the rain coming in late guys, left front bearing is gone, will need to replace the hub. Able to take right handers easy - don’t even see #7, #8, #0 or #94 in my mirrors. Big win team, big win!”

As someone who has never watched a nascar race I enjoy the commentary

Road-racing but yeah.

This is the track (Road Atlanta), the same car that I race (ITA CRX) but not me yet representationally pretty good. To orient yourself, Turn 1 is the right hand uphill at about the 1 minute mark.
2011 ARRC ITA Road Atlanta Turn 10 CRX Off on Vimeo

That was easily the most complete 48 minute game since the starters went down and may rival those when we were full strength. Ya hafta love how these guys have stepped up.

And here I was wanting to tank.

1 Like

This was a stealthy addition to the total. He was impressive out there.

Just imagine when everyone’s back. Who’s going to want to play us in the playoffs. We have such a deep “team”.

1 Like

What’s the word on ball and Hayward?

1 Like

I would love it if we put ourselves in a position to a be a title contender in 23-24 and Kemba came back on the cheap to be an elder statesman off the bench to win a title here.

1 Like

Be honest, you get a crack at signing one outgoing veteran that would sign a 2x10m (the Tim Duncan deal) on his way out, is it Kemba, or Steph?

It’s hard to say given we’re comparing 35 year old Steph vs. 33 year old Kemba. If one looked like they could make a significant contribution over the other, then I take that guy.

But if it’s just to have veteran leadership and have a guy hanging on for the ride, I go with Kemba. Kemba has been part of the story and valued us. I think that gets the nod over Steph.

I love Kemba. Like in my pantheon of Hornets, I might like other players’ games more, but there’s only three - Dell Curry, Steve Martin, and Kemba Walker. But if you pressed me to give a 34 year old Steph a 2x10 contract for 2022-23 season, or a 33yo Kemba the same contract in 2023-24 (note that Kemba turns 31 in a few days), I’d take Steph’s shooting and time-table over Kemba’s and personally, I trust Steph’s game to be more relevant for longer due to his NBA top 1% shooting.

Born: May 08, 1990 (age 30) - comes off contract 2023-24
Born: Mar 14, 1988 (age 33) - comes off contract 2022-23

And being honest, I don’t think either would be gettable at 2x10m unless we looked like we were on our way to a chip anyway. So the question might be who are you more likely to pony up a fair bit more on or for a longer contract?

While probably a more realistic question, I think it’s a less interesting question. Yeah, Steph will probably be relevant as long as he can stand inside the offensive half court and catch balls. So, as I mentioned, if he looks like he could contribute more, sure, I’d take Steph over Kemba.

But purely from the stand point of elder statesman, I’d take Kemba even if Steph has the trophies.

I guess also-- and probably to your point-- I see Kemba and his health issues as a more likely scenario for the hanger-on-er signing than Steph.

Are you kidding?

Steph is more a part of this community than Kemba. Alma Mater baby! CCS