Trade rumor thread

Chef bomb:

The NBA has mandated that the clippers trade lou williams to Houston as an economic stimulus to the Houston strippers who are now financially devasted with the departure of James Harden

2 Likes

Thought about the Nance trade again and yeah, That might be too much. Does Zeller to Nance work straight up and makes sense for both teams especially after the trade or would we rather swing for an expiring Drummond?

LouWill for a 8 chicken wings, I call deal for Houston :joy:

Jarrett Allen getting traded makes him more gettable in free agency imo

I mean if you want to play with a mercurial locker room, why not roll the dice?

Hey, prince used a school word!

1 Like

BAGLEY… MONK
ZELLER NANCE works

And Brooklyn strippers initial jubilation tempered with harden going from 0% to 12.7% state & city tax*

Not sure see what Houston sees in expiring olidipo over levert. Crappy for Houston, not return for hall of fame season mvp may wanted, but best with value after harden post game tirade.

clock ticking, 2 seasons for Durant Nets to turn this uber talented great (est?) 3 individual talents to win championship b4 players option out,
And one not want to play nba basketball right now.

*sounds close to realistic enough, lazy not check statement on what read

1 Like

Maybe didn’t get max value for Harden as my first reaction stated, but best possible given situation.

last decade Boston built team with with less from Billy King nets than from Durant Nets…1 more unprotected, Levert & Allen…even if I think questionable moves Levert/Olidipo, a Bucks 1rst & Exum/Allen (& Prince). And Hou has a better roster post trade.

All this falls apart again, next cba can see owners try to slip in some type of idiot protection rule like Clippers no back to back trade 1rsts rule.

After these recent big trades, Poll best longterm opportunity to build this decade? OKC, HOU, NO? Team likely to bust in a couple years? Brooklyn, Lakers, Clippers? Best IMO…best NO, fewest picks but best already in-hand Zion & Comp. Bust-Nets again.

I am not sure how good brooklyn is with all three anyway.

Drummond really is the low-hanging fruit just sitting out there on the trade market, especially now that Cleveland moved on Allen. It’s the organizational equivalent of a shrug, but if the cost is Zeller, Monk, and a second or two I could see going through with it.

The problem is it’s like the old Columbia House business model.

6 CD’s for a $1, sure. But then I have to buy 6 more over 2 years at 2.5x the cost of a single cd.

In other words, I want zero parts of drummond long term.

1 Like

I would love to do something like Monk and Carney for Bagley.
I would do Zeller ; Monk. McDaniel’s . For Drummond

I would do Zeller , and Monk for Drummond all expiring contracts
I would do Monk and Carney for Bagley
Basically Monk and Zeller and 2nd round picks for a decent rebounding big

I

expiring

I think drummond would seriously get in the way of hayward. To lesser extent but definitely clogs up miles and pj.

I am not a fan of drummond as y’all can tell

1 Like

I get the lust for Drummond statistically but I’d want to stay far away from him as an addition.

1 Like

I don’t love Drummond either, but I think he’s going to get cheap enough that somebody who wants to make a move that at least suggests competing for a playoff spot but doesn’t want to give up good pieces looks at the raw numbers, looks at the asking price, shrugs, and pulls the trigger.

1 Like

Paging larry brown…

Help me complete this trade idea

Beal and Robin Lopez (36 mil total)

For

Rozier , Monk & Zeller (39.67 mil)
plus what draft pick(s) to give Wash?

Before answering know that after this season Wash would net gain 13.4 mil in cap space from expirings.

See harden, pg, russ to you trades for draft picks ie 4 firsts + swaps

They would want more draft picks than we would be willing to give up . I think they would want 3 i don’t want us giving up any more first. I like us building through the draft the last 3 years.