Trade rumor thread

I’m sure the price for Collins would be exorbitant. And then there’s the issue of re signing him. I know a few posts up I said, “acquire draft picks!”, but now I’m saying trade our draft picks!

I’m high on Collins and think he’s very good, if not sometimes misused in Atlanta as a PF instead of Center. Cody, Miles, and a 1st? I wonder if that would get it done. Probably not.

You likely are right on the price and that’s why I’m not high on the idea. Too much for a player who is good, not great and needs a new contract.

If I have to part with a 1st, which I would be extremely reluctant to and it would have to be *down the line, then they’re not getting either of Miles or PJ. Especially as both would fit well with Collins.

Ball, Terry, GH, PJ, Collins; Miles, Devonte & McDaniels or Caleb or Monk is a pretty good, young team.

1 Like

That makes sense kitch. I personally think that John Collins is a great player and Atlanta is totally screwing up by playing him at the PF spot. I like a lot of players on the hawks, but all together they’re collectively an odd fit as a roster if that makes sense.

Anyways, I would prefer to trade Miles over PJ of course, but I think we’re looking at 2 first rounders if we exclude a young prospect. Giving up an expiring contract (cody), a young prospect (miles), and a first rounder makes sense to acquire an elite young center who still has even more upside.

But then there’s the max contract he wants. And this is all conjecture, and my proposed trade probably wouldn’t cut it.

Ball/Rozier/Gordo/PJ/Collins

That’s a mean starting 5 with a ton of shooting.

1 Like

If he is, as you say, “an elite young centre who still has even more upside” then the package you propose makes sense. I’ll bow to your obviously greater knowledge on Collins, which you have demonstrated in this thread on how good he is and can be when utilised correctly. But it’s quite a stake to be betting.

I just need buckets to drop some advanced metrics to espouse his love for shooting big men.

BUCKETS I NEED YOU AND YOUR DATA.

1 Like

Help us obi won buckets, you’re our only hope.

I have learned over the years that more times than not that trading for the guy that you then have to pay, isn’t a good decision. There are usually reasons the other team is willing to let him go. Paying a rfa, yes. Trading to pay an rfa is generally a losing bet.

3 Likes

CAN’T understand why we want to over pay for other teams players. Nance for Cody ,Monk and a pick
for a back up center, A lot to give up there.
Cody, Monk and a first is a lot for Collins. It then would have to be a sign and trade .We would have to start that contract at around 25 million per.
That’s all star money

Great info & analysis

First reaction thread trade propose we need put up more, after reading posts not so much
Monk 5.5 expiring for bagley 9 & 11.3 next…for Carter we get 2nd back

But despite rumor & bagley dad tweet
last month pick up bagley for 11.3 next year, expect want a lot more for former #2 pick, and no to trading significant value IMO

Other, talent straight up Collins and a miles/pj a no brainer better than miles & pj
But need to know fit, Collins mad at trae not feeding him the rock enough vs mad overall team offense style compared to passing Charlotte leading NBA in assists

Here’s my thoughts. So no, actually i don’t think that’s a lot for Collins because it’s probably not enough.

-Cody is expiring
-Monk is expiring
-Miles isn’t a franchise guy. He’s certainly good sometimes and is exciting
-1 first round pick sacrificed to sign a sure fire elite young Center. You think we’re gonna find that in the draft with a pick in the middle of the first round?

But like Chef said above, trading for a guy who needs to be Re signed is usually a bad idea.

The money don’t match at all . We would have to to take more back. The Monk and Cody contracts might be more than enough to sign him in free agency by there self. With out giving up Miles and a first. What kind of contract do you think he will get next season

Yeah count me out on the Nance idea

Ayton is off to a slow start though, maybe we could figure something out there

It would’ve been nice to have Allen on our team

2 Likes

We need to be on the phone with Cleveland ASAP!!!

And durant thought it was hard to get the ball when he played with russ. Kyrie + harden + durant goodness

1 Like

Anyone else feel like the Rockets trading LeVert for Oladipo was a dumb move

1 Like