Who plays against Dallas thread

Even gonig deep into the bench the Mavs kept pouring it on. I don’t blame the Mavs. I blame our guys for playing terribly and doing nothing to earn the respect of the Mavs. They simply played their game and we sucked. No excuses for getting hammered near as bad as we did.

I don’t like over reacting to preseason but this is scary

Wow this isn’t a good look. Hope our guys aren’t a beaten dog before the season even begins.

Problem is that even with it being a preseason game, it is the last preseason game and we should have been more prepared to end preseason much better than this. It concerns me being that we got our butts handed to us in the play in last season and a couple of preseason games this season where our guys did not compete. I don’t want to jump to conclusisons and overreact but this is all time bad. I have to wonder what this does to our confidence. Lets see what our guys are made of. Will they nut up and show that they are much better than this or will our team be all time bad when they are expected to be pretty good.

Even if we played all of our starters if they missed shots the way the rest of the team did than we still lose by 40+

So here’s my take and I am completely willing to accept that others see this as tin foil hat like but here goes anyway. I think it was a terrible miscalculation of JB to put the team on full blast for how they arrived at the MEM game and THEN pull all meaningful support at the 46 minute mark of the MIA game where we clearly played over our heads to not just compete but win. To leave the guys on the floor to die in that situation AND not reward the guys that played their asses off with a win in pocket following being angered by THEIR effort was a bad bet. Maybe, just MAYBE, tonight was a “if you don’t give a fuck about results, neither do we guy” response to all that. And I wish that wasn’t the taste everyone had in their mouths before closing down play before the season.

1 Like

That may have been the worst basketball game I have ever seen a pro basketball team play. At the moment this portends to be a long season of awfulness. We’ll see next week.

I don’t like that the team is showing a pattern of not being competitive for full halves or full games.

I’m reaching the point of wanting Carey, Richards and even PJ to just go away.

My goodness McDaniels was a catastrophic waste of space out there.

Ish Smith is looking like a big downgrade from Graham. Plumlee looks like a dinosaur and not in a good way.

This is very concerning. They almost lost by 70 points. 70 points.

Yikes.

Double yikes

Relaaaaax

Five of top Seven out for most of this game.

Gordo
Terry
Oubre

Then

Miles and Melo after 11 mins

There is basically no difference in 30-70 pts, both are embarrassing regardless of who you trot out there. Once you hit 30, a 50-70 burger is coming.

I agree with Zig on the mishandling of the Miami game. With that being said, I’m not that worried and all can be forgotten with a victory next Wednesday.

We will be fine

1 Like

The only thing I’ll disagree with is that there is a difference between losing by 30 and losing by 70 haha. I’m not worried about this loss.

A Rick Carlisle coached Mav’s team would not have done that IMO

We bad w/o last year Hayward,9-19. Hay & terry, and Oubre out, not expecting win. But 70 point loss huge and there not be a hit on the pysche no matter how you want to spin. Get All 3 back first game, much better team.

Inwundu should make that last cut to 15 easy choice to make, but going to make a front court move IMO. Kai, Thor, Carey, Richards, Jalen…hard to see us carrying 1/3 roster developmental big projects year(s) away.

Core returning need better ability and availability as replacements worse.

2 Likes

I never put too much stock into the preseason games of any sport, but the 70 point drubbing is a touch concerning.

Iwundu is a waste of space IMO. Richards should be gone. I always felt Carey has way more upside and was hoping to see more out of him, but I’m still underwhelmed with him as an athlete. He just seems kind of slow and flat footed. He has a versatile skill set, but hasn’t done anything to really stand out or make me say “wow” or “nice”.

Jalen should be on the roster and a regular contributor at the end of the rotation-moving up and down depending on how he’s playing. Thor and Kai should go to the G League and get big minutes. You can say whatever about the G League, but I still feel that guys getting serious minutes and actually playing is better than wasting away at the end of the bench in Charlotte. Or playing garbage time in an NBA game.

Those are my extremely not valuable thoughts.

How deep are we in the regular season
Melo/ Terry, Hayward, Bridges, Prum
Ish , Booknight , Oubre Washington Richardson

Spot play Martian, McDaniel’s

I don’t like Richardson playing at all , .I see a nice 9 man rotation with two players able to play during injury’s
We should try to add a rebounding center. Rim protector.