2021-2022 season (Other)

1 Like

Man, I assumed they’d have some protections on an extension for him. Can you have protections and a designated max or is this agent max talk where that’s the upper bound but there’s a lot of ways that it falls before 207m?

that rookie supermax criteria really hard to reach
all the eligible star players last decade, only one did, Paul George
but some serious contenders coming up…Trae and Doncic, SGA to lesser degree, MJP at the least

I just now realized Clifford is with the Nets

Two things today.

First 538 projected the Hornets to finish 12th in the East with a 33 & 49 record.

Second Hollinger posted his 21-22 Hornets preview and he projects the Hornets to be 10th. But he said something interesting.

The key was how much shooting they had on the floor with those groups. The Hornets weren’t good at much else — they were a bottom-10 team in 2-point shooting and a top-10 team in turnover rate — but they could shoot. Charlotte ranked 14th in 3-point accuracy and seventh in frequency, numbers that spiked in that four-game grouping with Washington at five (the Hornets shot 41 percent on 3s and launched them at a well-beyond league-leading rate). While their other centers and deep subs couldn’t stretch the floor, and Ball was an iffy proposition as well, five core players — Hayward, Rozier, Washington, Graham and Malik Monk — shot 37.5 percent or better from 3 on significant volume.

This resonates with me. Basically the team replaced shooting with depth and long term development guys.

Seems very promising for the Hornets to be able to retain our Bridges for something below what expectations were just a week ago of similar money

Yes, 2 free agent perimeter players added aren’t shooters and spacers. Career Ish/Oubre shot as many threes (at 33/32) per game as Devonte/Monk made last year. Ball improve and Bouknight ready sooner than later help alleviate this. but no doubt there will be more pressure on 4/6 returning “core players” on perimiter.

Left out Miles for some reason, 40% 3p on 4.4 3PA/game…7 per after Hayward out (PJ 4.5, Hay 4.7)

Strange that PHX is locking up Bridges and Shamet but not Ayton

Marvin Bagley not expected to be a part of the opening night rotation for the Kings. Clearly he’s not a part of their future plans. What will it take to get him in a Hornets uniform.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/marvin-bagleys-agent-blasts-kings-mismanagement-says-former-no-2-pick-isnt-in-opening-night-rotation-232420705.html

We got too many young bigs, I’d just focus on developing Kai right now and only make a move for a big man if it’s someone who is a top 15 center

I kinda agree but developing Kai is going to take time. Like years and he’s likely to be in Greensboro for the foreseeable future. Richards and Cary are trash so if there was a way to replace them with Bagley without giving up too much, I’d be all for it. Key thing is not giving up too much (especially since it could essentially become a one year rental). But that (not giving up too much) probably makes it impossible.

Kemba is not looking good right now

Celtics not looking very competent either. And what’s up with TOR only scoring like 83 points?

NBA is basically a soap opera for men these days but I love it

WTF is going on here?

Monks reaction

Congrats to Miles!

1 Like

Woah Kanter went off

1 Like

Dwight probably said something stupid again.