2021-2022 season (Other)

For the immense talent LeBron is, his pettiness, particularly in my view to always find a way to jab MJ (via the Hornets) think it takes away from - how I will view - his legacy. I had a similar feel about Michael Schumacher and think it sadly diminishes what was otherwise otherworldly talent. Realistically that’s high praise and criticism to put LBJ and MS in the same bucket.

To me, this puts the whole in perspective. This was never about “only the Hornets” had lost faith in Monk, the NBA had no faith in him and his option was a prove-it deal with the Lakers. Good for him that he found that opportunity. But this has never - IMO - been about the evil or bad or stupid Hornets (or coaches, or front office, or name it) doing him dirty.

2 Likes

I just think for what it would have taken to keep him, a better / more talented Bouknight, we should have just resigned him. I’ll always feel that way. We wasted his talent and I think we are on the verge of seeing what he can be. He had a shorter leash than anyone on the team. The drug thing was his fault but from the beginning, he didn’t get the minutes he needed or deserved and we completely wasted it.

I got 99 Problems and the theoretical future of Malik Monk in Charlotte ain’t one.

I wish him luck.

2 Likes

I realize they have been far more dysfunctional than anyone expected and cannot imagine he plays any part in that but thought Parker was playing well for them earlier in the year. Was this a surprise cut?

Maybe a trade incoming?

Fun stuff

In before someone suggests the hornets picking him up

He can get you a bucket here and there off the bench, but they went into this season with him, Juancho, and Grant Williams all fighting for one spot in the rotation and Grant’s three-point shooting has won him the spot pretty handily. I think this is more about having an open roster spot in the run-up to what should be an active deadline more than about Parker specifically (although, not really playing a ton even when shorthanded because of covid sort of IS inherently about Parker specifically).

Interesting that this is now 2 years in a row that Collins has grown frustrated with the Hawks. I don’t know we’d have assets to get into the 3 way with Philly to take on John but it’s a fun thought.

This has such a “we’ve failed to sell our house at $450k, let’s raise the price to $600k as that is bound to increase the offers” kind of vibe.

I’ve already grown so old of this saga. Saw some reports they thought adding Tobias Harris would somehow make it a better deal

He has to go somewhere with 4 shooters. Philly needs to cut bait and take what they can, there’s just too much scuttle out there now and the longer he sits the less a team is going to give midseason.

Honestly one of these rebuilding teams should take a flyer. I mean why not Orlando? What the hell do they have to lose?

1 Like

I agree entirely. I also think that despite the narrative that Morey is a GM genius, he’s anything but. To me, there are two components with these roles, and you can see a complete binary difference between how OKC operates and PHI (and HOU prior). He gets the human part so beyond wrong that he’s going to somehow make Simmons a sympathetic player in this when in reality, most would not be able to find sympathy for his position with a compass and a map.

1 Like

Yes, 76ers need to move from hard line, get best deal done and take what can get before trade deadline.

Magic need to take this flyer to bring Simmons, Fultz, & MCW together, and find Okafor and any other process cast offs.

2 Likes

I swear, the Sixers just aren’t interested in trading the guy.

1 Like

Sixers are foolish there