2022 Draft: Who you like?

Stupid, sexy Flanders

So here we are 5 hours from the draft with no coach (and Clifford is a serious candidate), no trades or changes with the roster, no serious updates with our free agents and the only transaction that has occurred was accomplished by doing nothing meaning Plumlee’s contract becoming guaranteed for next season. This is the mother of all face palms.

1 Like

Huge off-season so far /s

Welcome aboard Flanders.

1 Like

Draft the kid from UConn in the 2nd round to replace Martin!

This is probably the least opinionated I’ve ever been about a draft, I’m basically just in wait and see mode

3 Likes

I am hoping we can draft a coach at #13 /s

1 Like

How did we lose out on Wiseman? He hasn’t done anything while LaMelo made the all-star team. Plus, we already have a high ceiling project big in Kai.

1 Like

Yeah, feel that even if we heavily wanted James, we seriously lucked out with how things fell in the draft. Wish the guy nothing but the best in the future but don’t see how that needs to be with us unless on a heavily depressed second draft (and he’s proven some concrete reason to base value on)

1 Like

2nd Round Pick Tyrese Martin from UConn! Get him baby!

Losing out on wiseman is kinda like losing out on dogecoin. What exactly did you lose

I don’t believe for a second Wiseman was ever the Hornet’s first choice. Yes, that was reported in the media and by Bonnell but Mitch said himself LaMelo was #1 on their board. Also, before the draft when asked about drafting a big both JB and Mitch hinted at a strong need for a big guard to handle the ball. They even said Devonte Graham didn’t change that need and they weren’t going to just draft a center just because they need one.

But yeah, I agree with everything you said.

I mean we absolutely didn’t lose out on Wiseman bc we got Melo in stead. Thats unquestionable… but that’s not to say that Wiseman isn’t very talented and has a ton of upside still. It’s a moot point bc it’s not going to happen but if he could be had for cheap, I don’t need to see anything to want him on the roster to find out if he could reach that potential. He hasn’t been on the court which is the only reason at this point one would think the warriors might let him go. If you wait til he gets on the court and proves something, well I’m sure he’ll no longer be available at that point.

He was indeed our first choice. We dodged a missle on that one for sure

1 Like

Putting it out in the ether one last time before showtime, if we move back even one or two first round draft picks tonight, I would be over the moon if we picked Jake LaRavia.

1 Like

If we’re putting things in the atmosphere, I’m late to the party on Shaedon Sharp and I know there’s no likely scenario we could get to him but there’s talk he could’ve been a top 2 prospect in next years draft. He did work out for us. A backcourt of him and Lamelo for the future could be special.

Would Bouknight + 13 be enough to move up to get Sharpe?

1 Like

Good question. I’ve been one of Bouknights biggest supporters but I’d do it and pray Mark Williams is still there at 15.

1 Like

I think Bouknight will be a good player. Haven’t been eager to trade him, but learning more about Sharpe, hearing he has elite talent, I would be willing to make the move. Just not sure that would be enough.

1 Like

Sharpe is the type of risk you take if you are in the position that we are in and he falls. High risk high reward type of pick but there is something there.

Everyone was surprised thwt he did a private workout with us.

1 Like