2022 Trade Deadline Thread

After last game i expect Bouknight to be on the move . Not that i want him gone. Nameā€™s to watch for in our trades are Bouknight , Washington , Oubre. If we make any moves at all.
Look up for a small move like, Howard, Drummond Deadman.

PJ Plums Bouknight for Sabonis let us have this basketball gods hahaha

1 Like

You donā€™t have to argue with me, I am in agreement there. I think he would be a net positive here right now.

Do you think PJ and a 1st rd pick will land Myles Turner? We have plenty of young talent on the roster and good vetern leadership so next years first round pick is not gonna hurt our long term development. We canā€™t even find playing time for the 2 first rounders and the 2nd rounder we took last year and they could all step in now and give quality minutes if given the opportunity.

1 Like

Melo, Bridges, Bouknight is the future core of this team! Keep Hayward! And Kia Jones! But make anything and anyone else available to get Sabonis!

1 Like

Yepā€¦ I agreeā€¦. Unless the pick is a really high first, I donā€™t see JB doing much with the player we pick, and will waste away on the bench, most likely. We definitely have enough young players already.

No. More salaries must be added, either Plums or Oubre. Which might be too much for Turner. Might as well go all-in for Sabonis. At this point fuck it, letā€™s do it. Future is now.

Plums+PJ+Bouknight+1 1st + 2 2nds for Sabonis + Brisett

Iā€™m not eager to trade Kouknight, but I think itā€™s fair to say that the team has no idea what they have with him yet one way or the other. Canā€™t really label him as a part of the core at this point.

Gotta lose some to win some. But If a Bouknight nets you a Sabonis, its a no brainer to take that.

Does Sabonis help us defensively? Iā€™m a huge fan but sounds like our defense would not be any better. I think we should keep Boukenight as well if we can get deal done for someone to help us on def. side of ball in the paint. We got a bunch of guys to score the ball if they can find their groove again!

Well, you have a point there. But at least his minutes on the floor wonā€™t be net negative since heā€™s 100x better on offense than anything we currently have on the front court.

You finally have someone to drop the ball inside and create when the play crumbles aside from the isolation from our guards. Heā€™s another ball handler so that adds a dimension to our offense. He doesnā€™t need to score much, focusing on rebounding the ball is more important.

I get the potential of Bouk. And probably its early to give up such asset. But if you want to win, you canā€™t wait for potential to turn into reality all the time. Especially where we are right now.

I question if we add Sabonis if itā€™d be too many offensive players on one team. One of if not both of Gordon or Terry would have to take a large step back in their role and I donā€™t know if theyā€™d be willing to or even if they are if we should allow them too since weā€™re paying them so much.

1 Like

My thinking here is that the Sabonis trade is a prelude to either Rozier or Hayward being shipped in the off-season.

Like the player but do not like the fit re. Sabonis. We need rim protection and D. He offers little on both counts despite being a very good player indeed.

1 Like

Sabonis would be awesome in Charlotte. He adds non 3 pt offense, a non perimeter offensive hub to facilitate offense and a center that forces the other team to account for by doubling.

This team doesnā€™t lose because of defense, it loses because it is really hard to get scores when defenses buckle down in the 4th

2 Likes

I too think we have enough offenseā€¦ we need defense and Turner fits way better with this team than Sabonis. That said, we have a more athletic Turner, in Kai Jones on the team. Letā€™s give some burn, while we are losing anyway. Heā€™s actually a player on the team who Iā€™m most pumped about. Huge upside.

1 Like

If you look at the trends lately, offense has been the problem for sure.

There is a balance - with this increased defensive focus I think we forget - offense puts pressure on the other team to keep up too.

Someone else referenced Kai Jones - he has really grown exponentially in the G league so far. If you acquire Sabonis and pair him with Kai Jones and Miles Bridges next year in the frontcourt, you got something big time.

That could be a coup for now and the immediate future. And Iā€™m a Myles Turner fan, but when I saw Kaiā€™s highlights I think he will be ready next year to contribute.

3 Likes

Precisely. This team is all perimeter. Everything starts and finishes 30 ft from the rim.

Ideally you could keep plumlee for the 2nd unit. Something like oubre, PJ and a couple picks for sabonis. Maybe even a 3rd team to take oubre and slide some assets to Indy.

As someone else also said, figure out which of either terry or Hayward to move in the off-season.

And he is a defensive upgrade over anything that we have at center.

Also, we need a big that can actually box out and get boards. Allen was able to get so many offensive rebounds the other night without position, happens all the time.

We need the rebounding from a big every bit as much as defense. Our defensive rebounding is atrocious and our offensive rebounding is abysmal

1 Like