2024 Trade deadline thread

All trade stuff here. Rumors, musings, predictions, fake trades ideas (please make sure to highlight fake trades as such)

3 Likes

https://www.si.com/nba/hornets/news/two-teams-reportedly-register-interest-in-pj-washington

I just need us to get another 1st round pick, and a young, promising prospect at minimum. These interested contenders that don’t have first rounders, well, they’re gonna have to find a 3rd team to route a first rounder this way.

5 Likes

Of those 2, I definitely prefer the Dallas package.

1 Like

Green and Holmes for PJ and Nick? I’d need a first to be happy with that, which they aren’t going to give up… and on the flip, I’d feel like we’ve been stiffed if it’s a 2nd.

2 Likes

Buckle up, I still expect something in addition to the first trade to happen.

1 Like

Have you heard of Mitch is going to be back next year? Seems odd to let him handle the trade deadline if he isn’t

I have heard that he will probably be a consultant with our FO at minimum but that was a while back

How mad would you all be if they promoted Buzz Peterson? Lol

2 Likes

I believe they showed Buzz Peterson at the Dean Dome during the UNC/Dook game on the ESPN broadcast. Upon seeing him and hearing them say his name, I shook my head and let out an audible “ugh”.

I’d be happy to turn PJ Washington into Josh Green. I like Hardy from Dallas a lot, but to me, he is very similar to NSJ. I think Josh would add more defense. I think Josh Green has bulked up a little and plays a little more physical than I remember from earlier seasons. Seems to be a hard worker. Plus, I’d love for Josh Green to cut into and greatly reduce Cody Martin’s minutes. Cody is great playing 10-12 minutes a game.

We’d have to send another player or work out some kind of package, but if we deal PJ Washington, I’d love to get Maxi Kleber back in return in addition to Josh Green. Two more seasons under contract at 11m per season. Great for small ball 5 or PF duties to replace PJ. (Kleber is 6’10" 240). But yeah, I’d send out PJ and Nick Richards and get Josh Green and Maxi Kleber. We would need to get some picks from Dallas due to the good cap controlled salaries we’d be sending them in PJ and Richards.

Even though I’m not a PJ guy, I still see the merit in hanging onto him because of his contract. Richards as well, 5m per year is a steal. Which is why I brought up getting Kleber in return for his 11m per year, two years left contract. It depends on how you feel about Josh Green.

2 Likes

There just seems to be way too much interest to not find a deal for PJ if the FO is so inclined.

1 Like

Am I the only person that thinks that two 1st round picks isn’t really all that steep of an asking price for Dejounte Murray? And he’s under contract until summer of 2028. Over the next four years he’ll make: 24m, 26m, 28m, and then 30m. I think people’s perception of Murray is too low.

1 Like

Lottery protected, no problem.

https://twitter.com/esidery/status/1754522187715772674

What free agents do we actually have a shot at? And are realistic to sign here?

None, it doesn’t matter right now and that isn’t the reason to free up space. The moves are as a team that can accept all manner of trades be it with one team or as a facilitator. It is a roster reset and overhaul, not a free agent play.

2 Likes

Feel we need the Jim Mora rant

Free Agents – you kidding me? Free Agents!?!

1 Like

For reasons I won’t disclose on an open forum I would be extremely pissed if Buzz was promoted.

3 Likes