21/22 Fantasy Basketball

Count me in - although fantasy leagues have never been my strong point. It requires a level of commitment that’s always alluded me.

Outside person not participating but who has done a lot of fantasy perspective:

Being a commish in most modern fantasy sports online is super easy. It’s basically creating the league on the system, inviting people to it, picking the draft time, and then letting the software do the work. So don’t stress if you think you don’t know what you’re doing.

As for Powell’s comments about scoring, I’d encourage y’all to go that route. As he said, it provides for much more possibilities for creating and handling of teams. There’s also more opportunities to find success, as you’re playing a different opponent each week. Niche guys become much more useful that otherwise wouldn’t be on a roster. Just my two cents. Good luck!

1 Like

Exactly! Whereas a guy like matisse thybulle would never be rostered in points league, he all of a sudden has sneaky streaming upside on account of his wild blocks and steals stats in a 9 cat league.

Sorry gang, a guy devonte Graham kills your team in a 9 cat league unless you’re giving up on FG%. In 9 cat, “chuckers” and big inefficient scorers can kill you depending on team build.

Ah screw it, I’ll be the commish. Just divert some of the hornetsplanet membership dollars my way. :laughing:

I think it just depends. I remember having Antoine Walker in his heighday, so it meant punting on TOs and FT%, but you could do some cool builds around him. I think that’s what I like about the setup, is you can do some cool things, especially if you don’t have a great draft or you have injuries with your top couple of guys.

However, I also remember trading Antoine Walker for a young Joe Johnson and most of the people being mad that I’d trade an elite player for a relatively mediocre Joe Johnson. (They thought the other guy got a big competitive advantage.) But JJ’s efficiency complimented the rest of my team well and allow me to get rid of the albatross of Walker’s FT%. Ended up killing everybody.

Edit: that was a different team than the first post.

1 Like

I played in a bundh of 9 cat league’s and to be good you have to study all the cats . In a 9 cat league you drafting the cat . You are scored by the cat not the player . That said it will take more work a lot more. I am good with either or like Ziggy did years back. 9 CAT but each player was scored . Like a three scored 3 points . A steal 3 points . Blocks 3 rebound 2 offence rebound 3 Free through 1 What I am saying pick the cat and give it a point value . That way we play each player and not a cat every week. With that said I am good with either. For this league I think it needs be simple because most hear don’t have the time to put in it.
Example A player can score 6 points and go three for three with a shooting % 1oo percent
Another player can score 30 points on 18 shots and lose field goal % all is taken into account. Player 1 has the better percentage. Player two wins points scored . So the score would be 1 and 1

I like the 9 category scoring system also. The last few years, I’ve done points. There really isn’t a lot of strategy there. Another thing, in that league… players would lock up as soon as the first game started… which was frustrating at times. So a game started at 7 and at 10:00, a guy playing at 10:30 was a late scratch, there was no way to adjust. It was dumb. Not sure if that’s always how it is on yahoo or just the settings in that league.

Is their no interest season starts in three weeks. I would love to be in any league we have but we have to get things started, Draft time , Rules , etc.

I’m sure the usual crew would be down, I know I am

Put me down . Let me know when we drafting .
1 MVP, 2Powell, 3 Dav7z 4 Eastley,5, Mitch,6 Hornetsph
We need at least 4 more . Who are we forgetting ? Any one else interested ? Thanks MVP

EDIT Is woodsy23 in ? If so that makes 7 , We can do 12 if we have the instrest.

I would love to play again. My team is and has been called Da White Howard.

SCBobcat, and Woodsy Makes 8

Asking dnb,Cheff,Keetch, would you let us know thanks .

MVP are we doing a snake draft or a auction ? And are we doing scoring like last year or the cat9 format. Last we need a draft time and date. I think we should draft be for Oct 7th. Think season stares the 15th
MVP thanks for all you doing.

1 Like

I setup and ran a private head-to-head keeper league for over 10 years. It was a labor of love, but ultimately we ran out of gas.

I still have all those files on a CD somewhere lol. It got to be a lot of work.

Our system was unique but not possible to replicate on yahoo or ESPN or wherever. I just haven’t been able to find any interest with rotisserie style scorekeeping and don’t think I’d be a very good team owner at this point. I hope you all have fun tho for sure.

Fantasy Basketball season is right around the corner! Remind your commissioner to set a draft time for Hornets Planet League 2021 today so you don’t miss out on Fantasy Basketball this season.

Yeah Commish MVP! :wink:

Commish Powell has taken the reins in a bloodless coup

1 Like

Did you guys get that email?

If you guys still need somebody, I’ll play. Though, I don’t pay much attention to most of the NBA these days outside of the Hornets, so those late round picks may be a bit :eyes:.

Dnbman you would be 9. Powell Preseason starts tonight/Have you started settings up. If we having a league . We rally need to get things going, Are you the commissioner and are we doing the cat nine league?