Woodsy
Powell
MVP
Dav7z
Eastley
Mitch
Hornrtsph
NUMBER I HAVE IS NINE SO FAR.

Alright, Iā€™m back. Have been burned out with work as of late and tuned out. Iā€™ll get things set up this week. I have some time off this week and Iā€™ll get things rolling.

By the end of the week, Iā€™ll get invites out and weā€™ll find a time to draft. Iā€™d rather draft right before the season in case there are any injuries in the preseason. Iā€™d also rather see how the preseason shakes out to get a feel for teams and players.

4 Likes

ALRIGHTY LADIES AND GENTS WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, LETā€™S GET THIS FANTASY BASKETBALL PARTY STARTED.

Should I post the link to join here? Or should folks message me for the invite link?

Here are the settings weā€™ll be working with. Standard snake draft, head to head, 9 category scoring (Points, FG%, Threes, FT%, Assists, TOā€™s, Rebounds, Blocks, Steals). The waivers system will be FAB, so you can bid for your desired waiver targets.

I know this is different than last year, but please give it a chance and hang in there with me. 9 category scoring requires a little more strategy and is more engaging overall. The head to head format in 9 cat is fun as it can come down to the wire to see who will win the most categories at the end of the week. Even though someone might be losing 6-3, thereā€™s still categories to be won so that people donā€™t give up. Yes, this requires a little more effort than a regular points scoring league-but not that much more. This forum is full of high BBIQ posters, and I really think that itā€™ll be a lot of fun.

If youā€™re not familiar, this is how the scoring works. The standings are a tally of how many categories our teams win per weekly matchup. So if week 1, I win 6-3, my overall record will be 6-3. If week 2, the matchup goes 4-4-1 (you can tie categories), my overall record is 10-7-1. And so on.

The waivers are daily, so put in your claims the night before. You also will have a budget to bid on players you want to claim off waivers, which is quite fun. LASTLY, the 9 cat system makes trading more interesting and more common. Some players will have a much greater (or lower) value in 9 cat than in regular points scoring leagues.

|Max Teams:|12|
|Live Draft Pick Time:|1 Minute|
|Scoring Type:|Head-to-Head|
|Max Acquisitions for Entire Season:|No maximum|
|Max Trades for Entire Season|No maximum|
|Trade End Date:|March 3, 2022|
|Allow Draft Pick Trades:|No|
|Waiver Time:|1 day|
|Waiver Type:|FAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak|
|Waiver Mode:|Standard|
|Allow injured players from waivers or free agents to be added directly to injury slot:|Yes|
|Canā€™t Cut List Provider:|Yahoo Sports|
|Trade Review:|Commissioner|
|Trade Reject Time:|2 days|
|Post Draft Players:|Follow Waiver Rules|
|Max Acquisitions per Week:|4|
|Weekly Deadline:|Daily - Today|
|Start Scoring on:|Week 1|
|Playoffs:|6 teams - Week 21, 22 and 23 (ends Sunday, Apr 3)|
|Playoff Tie-Breaker:|Higher seed wins|
|Playoff Reseeding:|Yes|
|Lock Eliminated Teams:|Yes|
|Divisions:|No|
|Make League Publicly Viewable:|No|
|Invite Permissions:|Commissioner Only|
|Send unjoined players email reminders:|Yes|
|Roster Positions:|PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN, IL, IL, IL, IL, IL+, IL+|
|Players Stat Categories:|Field Goal Percentage (FG%), Free Throw Percentage (FT%), 3-point Shots Made (3PTM), Points Scored (PTS), Total Rebounds (REB), Assists (AST), Steals (ST), Blocked Shots (BLK), Turnovers (TO)|

The draft. Can we shoot for Monday night October 18th, Thursday night October 14th, or Sunday night October 17th?

Once people are in, I can put a poll here.

Isnā€™t the IL slots too many? Haha. Thinking 1 or 2 would be enough.

Is saturday night (Oct 16 in the US) an option? Haha. That is sunday morning here in the Philippines, kinda challenging for me to do weekday drafts given the time difference

Powell can you put a link hear .I want to be in but donā€™t know computers at all . Thanks on any help in joining the league thank you . All so thanks for all the hard work.

Hey Powel et al., I am unfortunately going to need to drop. I have a certification exam in 6 weeks that isnā€™t allowing me regular free time. If you need a body to make an even number, leave me in and Iā€™ll be able to give it some due attention after Thanksgiving but otherwise, please drop me if that makes an even number.

1 Like

yes, those will be modified. I just copied league settings from a very successful league i was in last year. Those IL spots will be reduced. I think some had been added to account for COVID/COVID protocol players.

I will also shift when the playoffs starts too so that its a week earlier.

1 Like

Got it. On the draft time, hopefully saturday or sunday night there in the US is an option :slight_smile:

Itā€™s been a long time since Iā€™ve done Fantasy Basketball. But one thing I appreciated was seeing a lot of players for value that doesnā€™t directly translate while watching a game. Like, Brent Barry used to be a great pick because he produced a little bit of everything with no negative impacts.

I suppose itā€™s the same lens that leads to Fred Vanvleet preranked at #9 on the default ranking list. Wild stuff.

1 Like

Can we do Monday night 10/18?

Im good any time you guys want

I need off the ride or a MOU that I wonā€™t be active for 6-7 weeks or some acknowledgement of the above.

Same here, anytime anywhere Iā€™ll be prepared to come in last

thatā€™s fine man. itā€™s not like this league is a cash league or hyper competitive. Just for funsies. You really donā€™t need to invest much time into it.

I have another draft already on Sunday evening. So,

1. We either draft on Monday evening.

2. We can draft after the season starts to find a day that works for most, which is no biggie.

Just joined. Monday evening works for me.

I much rather do it before the season starts, than to wait.

2 Likes

Monday 10/18 evening at 8pm eastern.

1 Like