23 Late first round pick

Kris Murray is the guy I want with our second pick, and I’d happily part with a second rounder or two to get him. A plug and play rotational player who would be a great add.

Failing that, I also like Sidy Cissoko for us. Think he’ll bring a lot to the table as a powerful defensive force who can hit open 3s and drive with real venom.

Scoot, Murray and a couple of two-ways from the draft, plus add one of PJ/Miles & a 3rd PG and the roster’s mostly set.

1 Like

I’ve never heard of that guy! Apparently a lot of people have not heard of him:

I looked at Sidy’s stats and I am not seeing it:

K Murray would be a nice get but I really think we would have to ship out Terry, our 2nd 1st round pick, and our 2nd rounders to move up 7 or more spaces. I think we would have to something that extreme to get any of the guys I named.

I don’t think that PJ is the answer at the 4.

Looks like Klintman may be well worth a 2nd round filer.

Sidy is 6’6" with a 6’10" wingspan and a 225lb powerful frame. As with most D first players, he’s not going to look good stats wise. He can shoot, though clearly needs to improve, so can’t be left alone on the perimeter. But his D’s good on ball and off ball, which is rare for a 19yr old. He’s not far off double in assists to turnovers. He takes it to the rim with full force, too. As a late first round pick, I like him.

Don’t see any way Klintman makes the 2nd round. He seems much more likely to go in the high teens than late 20s.

I think Bilal Coulibaly could be the surprise of the draft. I bet he get picked late lottery range.

I’d love to trade up for him.

1 Like

If he gets in range for us to trade up for, with our second first round pick, he could be a great draft and stash option (if he’s open to it).

He certainly has a great physical profile and D ability.

I’ve seen a mock draft or two that has Bilal slipping to Charlotte at pick 27. I think there roughly a 0-0.5% chance he’s still there at pick 27.

I think him and Taylor Hendricks will go earlier than expected.

Agreed. Hendricks is solidly in the top ten for me.

My two surprise picks:

Taylor Hendricks #6 to Orlando

Bilal Coulibaly #12 to OKC

I don’t think Taylor Hendricks will slide past Washington at 8. Every year there are the upside guys whose stocks rise right before the draft. I think these two players are the high upside players who get taken earlier than expected. Orlando wants shooting and OKC is a team that’ll take a flyer on a multi dimensional, great athlete.

I get that #12 seems really high for Coulibaly, but to me, him going at 12 seems more likely than him slipping to the hornets at 27.

1 Like

Tankathon has Coulibaly going to mem @ #25. How about #27 & #39 to BKN for #22, and #34 & #41 to det for #31. Possibly get Murray, Coulibaly, or cissoku at #22 and have first pick of 2nd round. I see no way MK makes more than 3 picks.

I like them at both spots. They absolutely fit what each team is looking for.

I watched Sidy videos and as usual, I don’t know what I am looking at because I see a bunch of spliced carefully selected highlights. Same thing for Klintma but then again you guys maybe looking for hidden jewels while I am searching for a sure shot - hence my reliance on statistical performance when checking out these guys.

With a late 1st round pick, I’d rather be cautious/risk adverse.

I want a guy who can contribute this year in the late to mid 1st round. 2nd round guys, its not as of a big deal. I have to hand it to Mitch, he did great w Thor and Brice.

Who is going in the late first round that could realistically contribute this year? What do you mean by contribute? Contribute to Greensboro?

I didn’t really keep up with Tobias Harris, but he seems pretty durable and is a very efficient shooter. Costs lots of money next season, but then he’s off the books.

I’d be up for it.

I’d be inclined to do that especially if it means not resigning pj and/or miles

1 Like

Ha. Hayward wouldn’t be the real target for the Sixers there. That’d be Cody Martin.

You are right but at this point, the team isn’t in a position to actual realize cody’s potential. he needs a situation like his brother’s

Some of us were talking about Cody being the potential starting 2 guard before he got hurt, I think he has opportunity and it’s obvious the team believes in him. He doesn’t need to go anywhere.

3 Likes