And with the 11th pick, the Charlotte Hornets select

Don’t know much about college guys, but this looks very promising.

1 Like

I mean if he can hit the 3 in the NBA we could really have something here. Kind of seems that simple to me.

Interesting back story.

Well we picked up a fan from an unexpected place

1 Like

Bouknights shot seem more fluid than in college?

He shot 35% from 3 before the elbow surgery.

It does look more fluid for sure. We know he “shot the cover off the ball” at the combine. If he turns into an elite shooter from distance, it could be problems for the league.

1 Like

Tons of people have reported he’s tweaked his shot a bit and been shooting lights out at pretty much every workout he’s been at.

He’s also an 80% free throw shooter which is a great indicator he’ll be a good NBA shooter

I’m not too worried about his shooting, maybe it won’t be great season one but I’m guessing it’ll develop

Time will tell but as I’ve mentioned on here before, I have zero concerns over his shot, I think he’ll surprise some of these people that got obsessed with that 29% figure in the lead up to the draft, even in his first season.

I’m sure I saw somewhere on draft night Mitch claim he can play 1-3, which to me is a hot take though, he’s a true SG in every sense from what I can see but who am I to doubt Mitch.

He did say that but then said he will be a 2-3 or a 3-2 like a sentence later.

Agree with the 2/3. He’s a true SG but could play small ball SF. I guess we’ll see in summer league if there’s any PG capability.

I have no doubts about his scoring and shooting, it’s all about his D. Does he want it enough while defending on ball and does he have the BBIQ to be an ok team defender? I’m not expecting him to be a plus defender, but if he can hold his own that would be good.

I don’t really watch college basketball because the quality of ball is just so far inferior to the NBA and other professional leagues, but I saw someone say that Bouknight doesn’t have good ballhandling skills in the open floor?

Can anyone that has watched him attest to this? From what I have seen he seems to have combo guard handles and seems to show some upside there.

I don’t pretend to be an authority on him, but his handle is good. He was a high usage guy with precious little help late in the shot clock. He can create his own shot, take people off the dribble … he’s got good to very good ball handling skills.

Makes sense

Signed