Back out West vs Denver

Haha Lamelo played 3 mins in the 4th and he sat him again.

He keeps on doing this, and people are going to start acting like Edwards is ROY.

I meanā€¦ we were down for like 30ā€¦ why risk injury? We werenā€™t coming back

1 Like

We play in LA in 23 hours. A. I donā€™t think his ROY campaign is thrown off by playing reduced minutes in a blow out. B. I personally hope we prioritize wins over individual hardware and Iā€™m pretty sure LaMelo does too. After all, a winning record will be a much bigger vote getter than a ton of minutes with 8 wins on the year.

3 Likes

Nobody can tell be that Biyombo is better than Vernon Carey Jr.

He looked better than him the other nightā€¦ Iā€™ll tell you that. The G League guys looked horrible. I feel like Iā€™m in a Hornets Facebook group over here.

1 Like

Why even put him bag in?

The coaches saw the same shitshow we saw the other night from our G League troop and that couldnā€™t have given them a lot of confidence to try them in meaningful minutes.

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œMich_Mercer, post:45, topic:1161ā€]
He looked better than him the other nightā€¦ Iā€™ll tell you that.
[/quote]I missed that. I did not see that game.

1 Like

I think coach probably gambles that if he can get a quick spark-- maybe 10 quick point cut of lead-- then you can get back into this. But if that doesnā€™t happen, no need to keep him out there.

1 Like

What is the average height of this Denver line up, 6ā€™9"?

These guys are still scrapping - I so dig the effort JB gets out of these guys.

OMG Bol, that was badass!

Letā€™s just trade for Bol Bol and win the next 10 champs

Sorry Iā€™m complaining so much about Lamelo getting benched but I donā€™t believe in that type of thing and I hate that this isnā€™t the first time it has been happening.

Keeping a shooter in rhythm is a real thing, and sporadic minutes like that can have long lasting impressions potentially on a guys shot.

Also, in games like tonight, you want him to play against Jokic and Murray and get that experience. I donā€™t like the trend that has happened here recently where Lamelo is becoming less and less involved offensively.

Hope Iā€™m looking too much into it, I just donā€™t want them to play the guy out of rhythm.

Iā€™d say just donā€™t get too caught up in one guy like that, it will stress you out way too much. The coaches and the front office know they have a true gem, and I have no doubt theyā€™ll put every resource to develop and build a team around him.

We only get to see a small fraction on game days rather than what they work on on a day to day basis. So what we see as a benching for seemingly no reason during a game, could very well be something they had been working on for days and he couldā€™ve made the same little error over and over, except weā€™re not privy to what it is.

The bigger thing is this schedule is a bigger beast than any normal season. Including today, theyā€™ll have 34 games in 61 nights, which is insane. I know we like to think young legs can go all day, but thereā€™s a reason they call it the rookie wall. There comes a point where a body canā€™t take on that extra work load, with the same consistency, against the strongest/fastest people in the world day in and day out. Plus overusing him now could risk injuries like stress fractures, muscle strains, early ligament wear and tear.

Yeah, we finally got a Lamborghini, but we shouldnā€™t take it on a cross country trip at 90 mph right out the gate.

JB has actually been doing a really good job if weā€™re honest. We were expected to be a lottery team, and now weā€™re fighting for home court more than halfway through the season. The team is unbalanced, not only with just wings, but also one way, offensive or defensive players. If we can find a nice 3 and d wing player, and get a springy center (both probably not until the offseason), then weā€™re building the right way and will start to make a splash soon.

2 Likes

I agree with everything you said great post

The mood of hornets fans turned fast asf after one game

1 Like

Itā€™s been back and forth this way for some time. Even when we were really bad some people would feel like there was a chance somewhere. Now weā€™re pretty good and not sure some people trust it but still the mood swings from one extreme to the other is apparent. Iā€™m just excited to see that we really have some good pieces and the team is fun to watch most every night. I have said for some time we have to figure out what to do about our big men and guys at 4/5. We know Biz doesnā€™t bring a whole lot on the court for us. PJ and Miles play have been worse than the fanbase as far as swings; which is why along with our overall youth is why Iā€™ve been pretty level headed with this team. At this point I expect a very low playoff berth but who can be certain. Weā€™re beyond where most thought weā€™d be but weā€™re definitely not there yet.

2 Likes

I said be for the game started we suck against big long teams. And the team tonight we saw is one of the biggest teams in the league. We need just two players a big physical center GLARING need. But we got to be easy money wise . PJ seams to just be going through the motions. He looks as if some games heā€™s a 20 ten guy. Others 4 points is good . Miles needs his shot limit raised . Our two big men we drafted so far look like big misses . We canā€™t over react just take one step at a time.

1 Like

-1 3P/FT pts, but got really got owned with RB and inside line, 36-46 2P. Bigs Have had a better season overall than the really not good last night, except Biz another 16 min/ 0 pts/1 Reb. Frustrating hadnā€™t seen anything on court fom 2 kids to wow coach either, 13 min/1 pt/2 rb. Trade deadline ticking, starting worry desperation driven move.

Garbage squad betterā€¦with Monk PG for last 8 minutes. Raptors garbage collapse seen different light with a PG Twin to go with Twin/Darling. How about a look at PG Riller or Kobi for Darling.

Monk appears on outs after TO/timeout/benching vs Raptors.
Not realistic to expect a fulls season of that 18 games, 46/44 3P/16 PT but not drop off last 4 either to 42/29/11 either.
Graham 44/48/11 & with a JB trustometer dropā€¦not good for rest of season if Monk back to #4 Guard limited and garbage time PG minutes.

Totally agree, the input of Devonte back into the lineup has kind of stalled our mojo.

Not says he is playing poorly, but they definitely need to figure that out.
All I know is, less minutes for Lamelo and Monk are NOT the answer