Bouknight Arrested

Thanks Steel, My next choice would be Kemba mainly because Ball is going to be out longer than we thought.

Yea, this is a team that needs some grown-ups in the room more than most. Kemba’s step one there, and it probably wouldn’t hurt to add another veteran who knows their business as well, whether it’s via trade or signing.

2 Likes

This team is going take a toll on Clifford’s health this year. Cliff, hope you’re in better shape this time around buddy.

4 Likes

This seems to be a too-soon, too-rich kid making seriously bad decisions. I wonder who else?

Crazy bad judgement. Multiple offenses for extremely high speeds. Heck with basketball, this kids going to kill somebody.

Reminds me of a time recently that some kids raced past me going uphill near the crest of a suburban 2 lane road. They were lucky.

I chased them down to a local Sheetz and yelled at them for being stupid as hell. They were sorry, but seriously what if a young family was coming the other way. Just stupid.

1 Like

Had to tell my wife about Bouk,

“Honey, another Hornet got arrested yesterday…”

“Oh Jesus Christ…”

1 Like

Funny, had the same convo with my wife yesterday. Her response was something akin to “wait, a new arrest or the same player?”

I thought about this. After being mad, I realized that James is just amazingly immature.

In fact so immature that mixing money and fame could lead to something tragic for him. Reckless driving and drunk driving - that kid could have died!

I just don’t think that he is ready to handle the burdens of the NBA and money. He’s just not ready.

1 Like

He’s probably too young to know the Bobby Phills’ story, but maybe the team should have Kendall Phills bring out the crushed car to the arena. Bobby wasn’t drinking, but it shows a player in the prime of is career can be taken out by reckless driving.

It sucks New Orleans stole the franchise when it did, because David Wesley stayed loyal to that franchise, otherwise he definitely would’ve stayed in Charlotte with and been a part of the Hornets. But he could offer sobering insight as a fellow participant in the race that caused the devastating crash.

1 Like

Vonleh, Monk, Bouknight.

Bad luck with the guys who fall to us.

1 Like

We might as well go back to being the Bobcats. The roster clearly prefers wearing orange.

2 Likes

A little more news on Bouknight. Kid needs professional help

Wow, that’s worse than I was imagining (the hitting 2 police car part).

Guard James Bouknight was also made available to the media on Tuesday afternoon for the first time since his involvement in an incident off the court this weekend.

“I just want to apologize for being a distraction before the start of the season for my teammates and what we’ve got going on,” he said. “Of course, it’s disappointing, but I’m just trying to learn from it, stay strong, move on and continue to grow. Cliff has been there for me every step of the way since he got here. Having a coach that really believes in you and is invested in helping make you better means everything to me. I’m excited to get the season started and get playing. I’m going to be ready when my number is called.”

As we all know, apologies don’t mean anything unless the actions follow the words. On one hand, its good to see Cliff involved in trying to help, but he needs stronger professional help than a basketball coach can provide. Whether its rehab or some other intervention, he needs real work to overcome these issues that can’t be simply papered over by a game.

1 Like

Read between the lines, Borrego didn’t develop a relationship there. Interesting

And apologies don’t mean as much when the player really isn’t that good.

Im qualified to help you James. I don’t have any room for new clients but I’ll find some time for you buddy.

Thank you for bringing up Bobby. That is the most obvious comparison and the organization has been there and done that before. Nobody wants to see that happen again.

Not sure why Bouk took cheap shots at J Borrego. Are you seriously telling me that the reason why you hit police cars, sped w wanton disregard for human life and hit the bottle/blunt before driving is because your former coach didn’t hug you enough? Blaming other for your p!ss poor judgment is lame.

Try again w that “apology”.

1 Like

Thou shalt not criticize the non-apology apology

1 Like

“Honestly, I don’t feel a lot of athletes have gone through a lot of adversity,” Bouknight said. “A lot of athletes don’t know what it’s like to be down mentally or in a slump. And I know what it feels like. I was there all last year. It’s awesome to be out of that and in a groove again and like myself again. There’s nothing like it.”

Kinda a weird quote to use after getting arrested

I not gonna subscribe to Hartford Courant to link.

2019 arrest Bouknight statement similar to 2022 Bouknight.
Replace Storrs with Charlotte, Dan Hurley with Clifford…though blame others and previous coach new.
But I only look at immediate crime story/response and not later spin.

1 Like