Hornets Interested in Russ - Shams

They will never do that, he’s just getting healthy and his value is all time low.

Of course I’ll do such trade you get picks from a non playoff team with basically no room to improve with no picks. And Wall contrat can only get better over time. Wizards will get cap space but no very low chances to get quality players in FA and no chance to improve through the draft. it’s a suicide for years to come for them

I see no reason not to make such an unbalanced trade but on the other side, it is far from being realistic so I don’t get your point in this westbrook talk

What would be realistic I think three 1sts is realistic. With wall, they can’t improve the roster and are definitely risking beal in the process.

I mentioned wall because of the wall for Westbrook rumors

I think Russ would have an infinitely better impact on our young players than Wall. I don’t think Wall competes every game like Russ does and can imagine the downstream impact there.

My larger concern is that this is the absolute wrong year to try accelerate out of the lottery. Adding Russ is exactly that accelerant.

Philly just unloaded 80M for a 2025 protected 1st and a 2nd round pick

At least they can improve through the draft, in your scenario they are not attractive at all in FA neither so they can’t improve neither

Don’t get me wrong, I would park wall in Greensboro

1 Like

Eeesh. Houston is desperate.

I like the Wall Harden duo and the Beal Russ duo so it’ll be interesting to see how it goes

Don’t think either will win a championship but I think they’ll be two fun duos to watch

I tend to agree. I feel this is a good move for both teams.

Elephant in the room. Can wall still play?

1 Like

Nobody knows, I watched a clip of him playing 5 on 5 being guarded by Michael Beasley and he looked good

The only reasonable explanation I can see is to clear Terry Rozier’s new extension from the board, as Russ has 1 year left on his contract. Maybe to make room for Lamelo extension and signing a good big.

Really can’t see how else this would help with such an inflated contract Russ has.

Russel Westbrook is exactly what the Hornets don’t need.

4 Likes

The schadenfreude monitor around that is pinging off the charts.

1 Like

Must be a slow time when they start creating bs rumors lol

Click bait is all that is

It’s a more likely scenario to move Hayward, not Rozier. But i don’t see how it’s realistic to do either, we’re not in that bad of shape financially, just one expensive year on the horizon.

I was thinking Terry+Gordon, haha. Since Russ is close to $50mil.

I think Russ would do better here than people think but I can’t imagine it as any more than salary dump Gordon plus parts.

Just depends on the situation, how it works dollars wise and who we think we could go out and get with that additional flex

Also, Lamelo is due a supermax

1 Like