Hornets Interested in Russ - Shams

My friends at work were sending me this. I said no way. The ONLY way it would make any sense would be if the Lakers had draft picks. I could see Hayward or terry for Russ and picks.

If the hornets want to get rid of either Hayward or terry there are actual options out there.

No if by Westbrook they meant Anthony Davis…

1 Like

This is correct

Wow Westbrooks contract next season is massive. $47M “Player Option” last year of contract.

hayward + oubre + 2 2nds for westbrook plus 2027 lakers 1st and 2029 1st

Rather get John Wall than Westbrook

I don’t know why we would even entertain this. Hopefully it’s just a media creation. While it’s annoying that he’s always hurt, 50 games of Hayward is still better than Russ.

This is the first I have heard of Mitch Kupchaks status being up in the air (even potential advisory role or step back).

Mentioned Buzz Peterson and Marc Eversely as potential replacements.

Also says Borrego has deep trust of Melo and Miles and that Gordon Hayward may want a change of scenery this summer. (I was surprised at this).

Convenient article to drop the day of our play-in.

AKA this article is an intentional plant by someone in the FO. Could it be Mitch?

Some may be surprised I was interested in an article about the Hornets, as I am only known as a Lamelo fan around here all of a sudden.

Russ expires next year

Yeah, I get that, but I still don’t think that’s a move we have to make. Even if you factor in a max extension for Miles and a reasonable extension for Cody, we can still come in under the tax line. And we’ll still have plenty of time to clear the books before we have to pay Lamelo.

I’d steer clear of Russ. Even if the team feels they need to move on from Hayward, there has to a be a way of flipping him that’s less disruptive to the team dynamic next season. Let Buddy Hield be an expensive catch-and-shoot guy in the corner before you take the ball away from LaMelo and hand it over to Russ. Hell, flip Hayward for Fournier and bring Kemba home for a retirement tour off the bench.

2 Likes

I do see your point about 2 years out though. I hope there’s a more feasible way of dumping GH if we need to though.

I mean, we all have unrealistic dreams. Most of mine don’t get published nationally though…

3 Likes

Remember, the article didn’t cite him as saying that, it was rival front offices.

Terry for Russ? Ever notice how the regular media and social media dudes have us giving up our best players for used up sloppy @ss leftovers? They want the lakers to be good and they want us to be bad. Can we agree: f the lakers and their g d problems! This ain’t no d@mn charity.

5 Likes