Hornets vs Heat

Heart rate is hilariously high at the moment

Man oh man, 34th pick and cool as a bowl of ice cream.

1 Like

Hated that second half. Yuck.

Can we find a way to get Malik on the court more?

Think the plan was to get him more run but the foot issue seemed to sideline that for a spell. We were actually playing quite thin tonight with limited PJ (leg), Cody (still not clear if they are limiting him for the bursitis or just think between him and Biz itā€™s a coin flip), Monkā€™s foot. I am pretty stoked we found a way to win on a night where Gordon couldnā€™t get anything to stay down and the lack of roster depth.

We should feel great about this game. Yeah, I know the big comeback, but Miami will always come back. Its their culture, they never quit. But we decided to punch the Eastern Conference champs right in the mouth from the beginning, after a couple days of everyone praising them at the trade deadline, we kept 4th place, and won the season series against a prime competitor.

Plus if Hornet Killer Duncan Hunter wasnā€™t nailing everything while blindfolded, they wouldnā€™t have gotten close.

With Malik doing things like this, we just gotta resign him. That aggressive scoring nature from Malik, Terry, and Melo will be hard for teams to match up night to night. Then Gordon or PJ could go off any night. Miles filling in where he can. Like we all know, one athletic, defensive big, with hands, and weā€™re knocking teams off regularly.

3 Likes

Frankly, any game we win with biyombo playing 30 minutes is a good win.

Just wait until next year when we have a healthy, more experienced Lamelo and John Collins.

2 Likes

I think he is perfect getting the time and situations he is now. Players like him need the stability of set rotations and less complicated decision making, not more. Perhaps with more age he can grow into it, I am so happy he got it together. 9 times out of 10 guys like him are in rehab, jail or washed out by now. I am rooting really hard for him not to forget lessons learned.

Malik monk is just so good when he gets in a rhythm like that. Heā€™s great at creating contact and finishing at the rim.

1 Like

i also seemed to be shocked every time he explodes and violently dunks. i know he can do it, but still it surprises me every time. he is crazy athletic.

Thereā€™s no better sight than Malik Monk aggressively attacking the rim.

He makes everything look easy when heā€™s locked in like he was last night, reminds me of an interview I read with Coach Cal from earlier in the season: Calipari wishes he'd been harder on Malik Monk

1 Like

Guessing going up against Bam was the added motivation he needed last night.

John Collins will not be playing here manā€¦ is that vague enough for you?

Love his game but he does not appear to fit the cultureā€¦ never heard one rumor about us even being interested.

As much as I am a Wake homer, Iā€™m glad to read this

We should have found a way to get Capela.

Thatā€™s the type of big we need.

Iā€™d love to have Collins. Wake ties aside, heā€™s a great player and would be the perfect fit for us. But Iā€™ve viewed us getting him as a long shot simply because Atl would be crazy to let him walk and it would be difficult to get equal value in a trade. I donā€™t understand the comment about culture though or why that would be a deterrent.

We also now have tie breakers over Atlanta and Miami

1 Like

I feel like this could be every game Monk, if he was on the court moreā€¦ I really do.

Heā€™s not going to do that every night with consistent minutes, but I totally agree that he can provide incredible production per minute with more consistent minutes.

Monk is a confidence player, but unlike Lamelo, Monkā€™s confidence can be easily rocked. That was what was so frustrating about his rookie season. Clifford completely ruined his confidence, and it has taken him years to get it back.

2 Likes

I donā€™t feel that either. I just think itā€™s going to be a bad contract dollar wise before itā€™s said and done and this is where the Nic stretch hurts.

How so?

Twenty characters