Hornets vs Heat

Love the dub even more now

I know that wasn’t what you were saying. My comment about culture was in reference to Founding’s statement. I wasn’t sure if that was something he’d heard or just personal opinion.

But I 100% agree that the stretch significantly limits our ability to make a competitive offer for JC even if we wanted to.

And Miami absolutely got 6-7 secs on that inbound.

Oh yeah, I didn’t take that directed my way. Was more just making an overt assertion that character has zero to do with my “well actuallys” around the courtship of JC.

I think ATL is going to be in a tough spot contractually in 2 years if they fully max JC and give Trae a max extension, want to keep Reddish, and still have Bogdon and Capella on the payroll.

I will clarify: for him to have never even been considered, usually means a culture issue with the Charlotte brass.

That’s interesting. I see trae young as more of the problem culture-wise in Atlanta. He’s an absolute child.

That’s my sense, that Pierce didn’t like his own alpha’s playing style might not be definitive but it says something. Adding to the complexity of contracts, if Collins’ and Young’s relationship has some mercury in it, this could be interesting to watch from the outside going forward. I know the narrative paints Pierce as the issue but I’m betting that’s not the entirety.

And as someone that watched every JC college game; the guards would completely go away from getting him the ball in the post for halves at a time. I can see a world where he gets uneasy feels from play resembling that in ATL, especially when it leads to Ls. Curious if @DemonDeaCat sees it similarly

I think that’s a fair read of the situation. Ball dominant guards can be frustrating for a lot of bigs. That was definitely a frustration for JC his last year at Wake and has been with Trae as well. But he’s never been the type of guy who was divisive so if there were concerns about him negatively impacting team culture, from my experience and observation, those would be unfounded. He’s always been a team oriented, good locker room guy.

100% this.