SL: Pacers game

For as good as Kai is driving the ball, it’s odd he put up so many empty threes.

1 Like

I’m trying to decide if the coaches kept telling him to keep shooting or what? The shot wasn’t really close to going in.

1 Like

Seems like coaches who are having guys shoot in the offense tend to give the green light even if they’re not hitting.

But it looked more like he was trying to force things thinking he’s going to hit on the next one and get something going.

I guess I liked his confidence that he could make the shot.

Michael Carter Williams was confident he could make a layup :wink:

2 Likes

haha Lets just hope next game the coaches tell him to drive to the hole, as he looked pretty unstoppable there.

I guess we showed that playing Thor, Kai and a center together doesn’t leave much for playmaking - or shot making.

Never would have thought that Kai Jones playing small forward would be a thing, and now we know that it’s not.

Kai’s footwork remains awful. Every one of his jumpers starts from a different base. No balance at all. Even in the paint he seems to be all legs every which-way. I don’t understand that sort of reckless athleticism.

I was ok with the offensive fits and starts if we were thrown by Scottie going down. I was more concerned that at times we still could not corral a rebound with 80% of the team on the floor averaging 6’9". And we didn’t give up corner threes, just wide open threes at the top of the arc.

Hope they clean things up for Sunday.