SL: Pacers game

Please get him tf out of here. Just let McGowens run it. I’d rather watch him come down and shoot a 3 then Crutcher doing the shit hes doing. Wtf man!

Another year, another wasted SL. And good to see Clifford’s imprint already heavy on the offseason, where we play Nick Richards in his 3rd year the majority of the minutes in summer league and not our rookie draft pick. Smh… not seeing much to be happy or excited about. Looks like the same old garbage.

1 Like

Should have signed Collin Gillespie to run the point!

McGowans: something to be happy about.

Good too see their scrubs attacking Hasheem Thabeet, errr, I mean Mark Williams with no fear and getting points out of it.:rofl:

Take away those atrocious 8 3PFGs and Kai is 4-4, 2-2, 8rbs, and a few hustle stats.

1 Like

Yeah, Kai still looks impressive as an energy and rebound guy. But if he keeps shooting, teams will definitely sag off of him come the regular season.:joy:

Put Lamelo Ball out there with Kai and hes gonna eat

1 Like

Only the hornets can make summer league uninteresting. How do we manage 2 SL in a row with no playmaking guards? A lil bit pricey for MJ’s wallet? Only kidding (slightly)

Which is why he shouldve been playing last season. Its too perfect.

Bryce has looked good. Not at all worried about Williams based on the early look.

Kai… I appreciate posting the stats outside of the 3pt attempts and that salvages some of my impressions of him tonight. I love the kid and nobody is rooting harder for him than me but when I just look at his movements on the court both in this game and even his workout vids he just seems really rushed and awkward. He’s not smooth or fluid. He needs to slow down. He looks a lot more “busty” than Bouk to me. Not at all to say I think he will be a bust but he just doesn’t feel close as I’d hoped he was. That’s not really a knock from my perspective bc I’m willing to wait. Looking at how far Richards has come just imagine what Kai can do with his tools after some time. I’m just afraid it’s gonna be longer than we might’ve hoped.

Sounds about right. Same reason we traded away the better big in Duren because he wouldve gotten lottery money.

But hey, we got Roy Hibbert redux!

Wondering what this looks like with Bouk,LeAngelo, and no Scotty Lewis injury.

Hard to have meaningful take aways, but:

• McGowen looks like a contributor. Smooth stroke and was pretty active in other ways. 17-6-5 is a pretty nice line. If nothing else, looks like a guy who can get a few buckets off the bench.
  • Williams wasn’t impressive, but saw enough to like the guy. Think it’s probably hard going from a smooth running system to this disaster of an offense.
  • Nick Richards looks 37 years old. Dude was pretty solid all around.
  • Already talked plenty about Kai. Has to attack more than try to live on 3 point line.
  • Who’s Figueroa? Quiet 16 points on perfect shooting and 5 rebounds.
  • Hoping Crutcher improves for next game. Poor shooting and never really seemed like he could run the team. Still got 7 assists though.

Not a great game, but considering the situation, feel okay about it.

Yeah, I would imagine a lot better. Really sucks for Scotty Lewis. Feel bad for him. But I definitely would like to get a look at our bigs with some NBA level playmakers on the court.

1 Like

Sounds like from how they were describing Lewis’ injury, it was Paul George-like. Had to have been pretty bad for him to have undergone surgery immediately.

1 Like

And I do wonder how that impacted the team as the announcers were saying. No surprise how we were kind of a mess out there.

Hoping they call in another pg though.

1 Like

Let’s put on a brave face and stay positive

support

Can’t believe there’s no quality true PG again. Pleased with McGowans, ok with Williams. Obviously, Williams needs to hit the weight room and a NBA nutrition program. I will give them a bit of a break after hearing the announcers talk about the Lewis injury. Had to be tough for the guys to get ready mentally. Let’s see how game 2 goes.

1 Like

It was a tough watch, McGowens is nice. I like that Kai didn’t give up shooting but man 0-10 is tough. He looked incredible inside the line though.

Williams looks raw to me but he is huge and seems to gobble up boards

I thought Kai looked really good driving to the basket… no idea why he kept shooting those ugly 3s. Didn’t like what I saw there. Hopefully, he takes it to the basket more the next game. I really liked what I saw from McGowans. And I loved Richards’ energy out there. Willams did not impress but the whole offense was a mess.

1 Like