The NBA Draft Lottery

I’d love to have Lavine and the 5th. We could perhaps still get one of the bigs.

Do t think that will happen though without Batum as a Cap filler and expiring or Malik as a talent swap.

Also, they want Ball and I think he will be gone.

2 Likes

Got damn, you know it’s draft szn when Founding is leaking little bits like this that fuel our adrenaline leading up until the big night. It definitely sounds like Ball won’t be there at 3 and he most likely goes #1, but I’m glad the team is at least thinking guard. AGAIN, I get it with Wiseman. I just think it’s a guard-driven league now, and that should be the goal with this pick. But I won’t argue with anyone that says Wiseman is a better gamble than any guard not named Edwards or Ball.

1 Like

You sum up perfectly how I feel. Wiseman at 3 would be a fine pick if both Ball and Edwards are gone, but if they have a chance to draft either it should be a sprint to the podium.

2 Likes

I’m starting to really like this angle of trading 3 for an established star plus the first, especially if LaMelo is off the board at 3. Despite this being one of the weaker drafts in years, they say it is jam packed with international talent… so it may not be as top heavy as other drafts (of course it would be that way when we get the 3rd pick), but it could have a ton of quality from top to bottom.

Idk what it is, I’m just really, really put off by Wiseman though. I can accept Ball or Edwards at 3, but I would be really disappointed and concerned with Wiseman there, and it has nothing to do with the current state of NBA basketball…

2 Likes

I don’t get why some of you guys are considering Ball as a shooter, he will shoot threes all over the place but will not convert considering his stats

He is a 25% 3pt, 37% 2pt and 77% FT shooter in one of the weakest international pro league.

How are some of you seeing Ball as an outside threat? I just don’t understand. He is a very very bad shooter so far

Which “star” do you have in mind? Do you think this is a player open to staying in Charlotte longterm?

Really don’t think another team is gonna trade an established star for the third pick in this draft

1 Like

The two teams that waste their draft pick on Edwards and Ball will have regrets. I see huge wavy red flags.

This draft really, really sucks guys.

The only player who might be a unicorn didn’t play but 3 games last year; still for me he’s the only sane choice. If he’s gone; trade down for Cole Anthony or Jalen Smith or someone lower who’s likely better than all the other top ten picks.

Hayes is French. I just … can’t.

2 Likes

Yup, the only guy that even somewhat comes to mind is Ben Simmons. If Philadelphia is interested in a big time shakeup I could see them maybe doing #3 and a future first for Simmons after the injury? I think I’d be awfully tempted to do that, especially since a best case scenario for a player like Ball is Ben Simmons. I really can’t think of any other player out there a team might would trade for #3 that I would want. I don’t think Washington moves Beal this summer, and even if they did I’m just not sure we’re in a place to bring in a player like that. Even though I’m like 95% sure we could nail this pick and the player still won’t be as good as Beal.

Ben Simmons would be costly. My guess would be at best Terry, Batum, Cody, PJ + 3 and hornets 2nd for Simmons and whichever of Tobias Harris or Al horford they felt was the worst contract.

And they would probably want devonte instead of terry

I don’t think the 76ers would offer Simmons and the Wizards have basically came out and said they’re gonna give Wall and Beal two more years which Beal agreed to.

Not trying to kill the optimism about a trade but don’t think too many teams will be offering the world for our third pick like some people believe. I think there’s some star potential in each of the three, but each have huge question marks.

I could see New York doing something like Robinson + 8 + 2021 Dallas pick for the third.

Oh absolutely, my responses were almost intended to kill the trade buzz. I was trying to say that there really is no one out there that might even be on the block that’s really tempting. These people who act like swinging a trade for an established player is easy, I really don’t know what they’re talking about. I would be awfully tempted by that Knicks trade for sure, don’t see them wanting to move up unless Ball is there though.

Solid find from a Real GM user, SF Chronicle linking GSW to Edwards. If I were a betting man I’d predict Ball goes 1 and Edwards 2 right now, which really sucks.

Honestly, I have no clue and don’t want to pretend like I do. What I read about him says he’s got a shot but has to be more efficient. The highlights show that he can get the shot off very quickly and hit from deep. I’m willing to believe that 12 games in an international league where he was the focus after barely turning 18, he may not display the greatest shot selection. He looks like he has he mechanics and will to be a great shooter, but I will humbly admit I know the least about the prospects of anyone on here.

I keep reading that Embiid is the likely trade out of the Sixers. See that most are trying to convince that Turner will be traded out of Indy if possible in lieu of keeping Sabonis. Wonder if both are in play what impact that has on the draft.

Again, great player but I’m really not sure about bringing him into the lockerroom. He kind of seems like a headcase.

The “we” I was referring to was Potato and myself. I wasn’t referring to everyone on HP. As for your question, no. I’m going off what I’ve seen from scouting reports as well as the little I’ve seen. I’m actually delving deeper into each player now (watching FULL games). I value overall skill and basketball awareness (A.K.A “IQ”) more than anything.

Makes sense Super, go Hornets!

My “star” in mind was the Lavine rumor. I think he is a franchise guy in the right environment, and I would like the pairing of him and DG in the backcourt.

The more this rumor mill starts to distill, I really think we Ball and Edwards are gone at 3, and at that point, I 100% want to trade it. And to my fellow planeteer who posed the idea of trading down for Cole… PLEASE NO. As an UNC alum, and a guy who got incredibly hyped when we landed him and then watched the absolute shitshow his game was last season… no thank you. I really think he’s gonna struggle to create space and get his shot off in the pros. I could see him washing out rather quickly.

I guess “star” is relative. I was thinking a guy like Lavine.