The Quarantine Hornets vs Sixers

Good pull GW

This tells us that this guy wants to be a champion

We are going to have a great season boys!

1 Like

OK, this team continues to impress the hell out of me. However, JB has got to put trust in Richards down the stretch of games when the other teams best player is 7ft tall and killing us! Richards has much better chance of slowing Embiid down than PJ. Richards showed that he’s capable and would of ended up with 18-20 pts on lobs and free throws (he is excellent at FT line too) if JB would of gave him more playing time to match up with Embiid. He showed in the first half hes quicker and more springy than Embiid. Maybe Embidd wouldn’t of hit so many jumpers with a 7footer in his face versus 6’9. We have plenty 3pt shooters to help score just needed to slow Embiid down, size and strength is the only way to do that. Come on coach this was obvious!! Otherwise, love JB as a coach.

Agree 100%. While I thought PJ did the best he could, Richards, I felt, did a better job on Embiid.

I k ow Borrego loves to spread the floor with PJ but at what cost?

Top 3 point guards out…31 assists and 8 TO starting #4 PG Cody Martin w/ Bouknight backing up. Coach and players excellent again in this crappy situation…really proud of team.
If 76ers coach any good won’t be just as…bewildered right word?..about this situation things can get real bad next game. I’m 0-2 in predicting results from this mess, happy for Hornets keep me defeated and 0-3.

Guess not going to just weather this with what we got now and use extra spot on just about any guard we can get in uniform…Jeff Teague available?

I a hater on Thor pick, and not changing mind one of those good guards should have been pick.
No where near a finished NBA product and game needs work, after watching in Charlotte and Greensboro, admit not complete garbage and better than expected…upside presently looks even better than other raw project Kai.
Who played with/against matter in context if somebody else want to go dig deeper…but only 3 in the black +/- in game…Hayward +9, Thor +7, PJ +3.

I would like to reiterate how garbage that blocking foul call on Cody Martin was. That’s all.

Yeah, I threw him and IT out there as my picks for hardship contracts. But, I can see how JB might want to try roll with those we have on hand and use this as bath-by-fire development time.

1 Like

I somewhat agree re Richards. I don’t know if he’s ready for crunch time minutes yet, but I would’ve been willing to find out. No knock on PJ because he’s an above average defender and does an exceptionally good job as an undersized big, but he was just too small to handle Embid. I thought we needed to at least try a different look and throw Richards’ size at Embid for a few possessions.

I really like Thor a lot. He’s so long for his height. Has good potential I think.