2020-2021 Season (Other)

More

Embiid after they postponed celtics but not Sixers

Just saw this on NBA.com

Schedule Strength through Week 3

• Toughest: 1. Memphis, 2. Charlotte, 3. Detroit
  • Easiest: 1. Atlanta, 2. Orlando, 3. L.A. Lakers
  • Schedule strength is based on cumulative opponent record, and adjusted for home vs. away and days of rest before a game.

Ouch

James Harden forces every all star the Rockets get for him out: “where are the all stars?”

He ranks as a clear #1 in the ‘I do not want this player on the Hornets’ chart.

2 Likes

Harden is an A$$… no doubt! would never want him here.

1 Like

Only a matter of time before this isn’t in the Other thread

What’s awesome is that I somehow have Tobias Harris, Ben Simmons and Embiid on one of my fantasy leagues tonight and I’m down like 20 points

Of course the game gets postponed

I know Luka is a larger sized guy to begin with but is he looking significantly more out of shape this year? I’d bet Jokic has less body fat at this point.

I don’t think so, but maybe I’m wrong. luka has always had that Carmelo body

He’s definitely chubbier, he’s got that quarantine body the rest of us mortals have for sure.

But I guess like James Harden and Charles Barkley, they’re so good that the weight doesn’t even really seem to affect them. Lucky fat bastards.

I’m not remotely judging or body shaming, Lord knows, I’m not one to talk. But it was striking to see him on the court last night.

I don’t think he’s the direct problem with the Mavs. It did make me wonder about how a locker room could allow his fitness to become an indirect problem of modeling as a leader.

Put slightly differently, can you think of a modern day franchise player in the NBA that didn’t look like he absolutely lived in the gym? Only Harden comes to mind and I wonder if that has lead to issues with other stars on that team.

GW, I don’t think Carmelo is a comparable.

The most obvious franchise fat guy was fat Shaq, which of course was a huge problem with Kobe and the staff. But I thought part of it was he was getting fouled so hard and often, that he just kept getting bigger to absorb more. That and the laziness.

Fat Baron Davis was pretty much franchise, and he was still damn good. Became a better shooter in the later years, and the guys always loved him, no matter how many pounds.

Embiid kinda has the fluctuating weight thing, but I guess he’s as fit as he’s ever been this year.

I know not quite the same, but didn’t Chris Paul get a little chubby a couple of years? I don’t know if this was after his injuries, but he’s such a strong personality/leader I don’t think anyone would say anything to him.

QC, that’s why I was trying to frame it as modern day. I think Shaq and even Baron are of a gen now-1 that doesn’t have some guys sleeping in hyperbaric chambers and having travel chefs go with them on their boating vacations.

I don’t think Embiid is in the same bucket personally but his laboring around likely did undermine him as someone that could come into the locker room and put everyone on blast that THEY aren’t doing enough. And that’s kind of where my mind went on this. I was reading him somewhat putting his team on blast in a Twitter transcript and looking at him on NBA TV and wondering how that message hits.

Not to link threads…but I am.

Luka is developing some diva type behaviors. (Don’t misunderstand, he is top 7 in the league easy.) To much attention and media ball fluffing too early. Same concerns I have with lamelo.

Not sure who wins this one eventually

definitely not the knicks