2020 Draft - 3rd Pick

:confounded: After the joy that was us trying to work on MKG, these type things really make me sad to hear.

That being said it sounds like the options we’re likely to have even as a top 3 pick (again) seem inevitable to suck. We can’t catch a break even when we catch a break lol.

It’s nothing that requires a full rebuild, just acknowledging a deficit.

He’s got a very smooth one-motion shot off the dribble. Something crazy high like a +90% FT% last year in Euroleague and an ease finishing at the rim.

His catch and shoot has a hitch and an inconsistent base, gets footsy, and his elbow kicks out.

Ah, also lacks let body strength to get deep shots to the rim with consistency. Wonder if the base issues related to the lack of lower body assist in the shot. Think he can improve the lower body stuff easily, it’s one thing we’ve consistently done.

I think folks on here know by now that MKG is a friend of mine and I will say this… he would say this, Killian’s shot is a lot more fluid and standard than Mike’s , LOL

1 Like

I don’t feel like his shot is even that bad

I like Hayes, his game should fit the NBA but, even a a french, I’ll pick Avdija over him.

Not the same position, hard to compare them, but I dont see major flaws in Avdija’s game, he’s tall, can play some PG at times and can shoot. He won’t be Doncic but I see him generating major mismatches for opponents teams

MJ and crew went down to Atlanta to see Anthony Edwards today

I’m pretty sure that the dubs will take Wiseman at 2 if he’s there. If the Hornets want him, and I think they do; they’ll need to trade up to one. I hope they can, but don’t think Mitch will. Looking to be disappointed. My goodness I do not like Ball or Edwards at all lol. We’ll see.

Ive watched the videos as much as they are, and like Wiseman’s skills. I think he’ll put in the work and be coachable. He has the mobility, form and athleticism to expand his game. Seems to have heart. It would be very distressing to see GSW get him, very. The rich getting richer. Reminds me of the Spurs landing Duncan after a Robinson injury year. Duncan Robinson would later play for the Heats.

1 Like

Personally, I’m hoping that the Dubs turn #2 into Gordon Hayward, but that’s just me.

Some science at the end of that post!

I am just game for whatever happens! We will be dealt the cards that we are supposed to be dealt. Hopefully this will be the year we are dealt the star card!

2 Likes

I wonder if there is serious confusion created by GSW dropping that they like everyone pegged for the top 6-7 draft slots. From purely a Wiseman point of view, there’s likely no better situation for him (and prospective team) than to go to GSW. It seems they have been able to create situations that every big they’ve run through their locker room has benefited. And to have that kind of veteran group to bring him up, I’d bet he does hit at the very top of his ceiling there if that’s where he goes. But again, I am confused why they are tipping their hand so much unless they want other teams that might have interest to jump to or over them freeing up something else (the true emerald of their eye yet to be revealed).

That potential for Wiseman at GSW is what I am concerned about his potential landing here. I don’t think we have any of that infrastructure and where he’s 3rd fiddle there, he’d be first chair here and that might not be a friendly situation.

This is a workout video from yesterday, I really don’t see how he has cement feet like so many have claimed on different Hornets boards

1 Like

Yeah, we’re both seeing the same thing. Obviously, there’s no guaranteed stars in this draft but Hayes has a lot to like in his game. With Wiseman, I’m REALLY trying to see something but it’s hard. All I see is length and shooting touch (near the basket). Nothing else excites me.

1 Like

I hear ya but what separates Hayes from MKG is that Hayes has already shown he can improve. MKG never showed any evidence he could improve his shot. Hayes was able to improved his FT shooting drastically in just one year.

Dear Wiseman camp,
Your video clips would have the potential to sell me more if there is at least one defender over 6’5" tall.
Sincerely
Someone who watches basketball

Just a general question about this year particular draft combine: are we going to have official measurements?

LOL

That’s a fair point

If we don’t trade out of the 3 slot… we’re getting wiseman gents

I hope we have a lot of 6’5" dudes at center we plan on playing the next few years.

Maybe it’s the prayerful part of me but I don’t think we exit draft night with Wiseman in an ill-fitted Hornets cap.

“Rumblings around the league suggest Charlotte covets Wiseman“ per Kevin O’Connor

Rumblings on Hornets Planet say the rumblings around the league are correct…

Unless we move, he is our guy