2022 Draft: Who you like?

We’re going to end up with Walker Kessler some how! I know it!

The biggest flaw I see in that lineup is what Keetch has been talking about: softness. Who’s going to be the guy that brings the intensity and energy to all around play? Miles might be that guy, but he doesn’t have it yet.

I love Cody, but not as our starting 2. I get that you’re deferring success to the future in such a move though.

1 Like

Cody’s contract has not even been discussed as far as i know. He might get more than we can offer. It is a demand for players like Cody . I could see the heat giving a offer for him.I would do five years for 20 million in a second.

You would give a 27 year old Cody Martin a 5 year deal? I am giving him 3 or less at that price.

Mitch spread first around so far…PG, SG, F, F/C, C
Miles RFA, PJ RFA & 1rst pick Knicks protected, Mitch goes back to forward at #13.
PF Sochan & PF Eason been around,
F Griffin (Yaa) and F Dieng (Boo) seen recent popping up…prefer F Eason & wing Agbaji over Dieng/Branham.

Live aggregate mock draft: Consensus rankings for top NBA prospects

That would be so sad. Some people don’t even think he is draftable.

I thought Cody is like 25 damn I am getting old.
Didn’t think 4 million a year was a overpay. But three years would be better.

This would honestly send the Hornetsphere into such tumult.

3 Likes

I actually don’t care who we draft tomorrow night lol

I would be cool for like 3/12 or even 3/15 but 5 years is risky on him. He turns 27 Sept 28th.

I bet there’s someone that’ll give Cody Martin 3/36. Or something stupid like that. I wouldn’t give him a penny over 6-8m. Is he eligible for the MLE?

Say what you want about these speculative media articles but ALL indications are that we are getting more desperate as the draft gets closer and that will lead to a bad decision. Picks AND Gordo to get Miles paid!!! By God, we could trade both picks for a broke foot @ss Myles Turner or a team destroying Westbrook. Our best hope maybe that Jordan can’t find a deal that he likes. We got 24 hours to NOT screw this up.

I would be happy if we made it out of the draft w Mark W and yes I love the Ringer:

I want Williams and one of the long wings. A) Eason B) Sochan. Don’t expect MK to make any trades. I’m ok with that.

1 Like

For all we know the Hornets might not even want to draft a big. They could be deliberately leading us all on like they (probably) did with Bonnell and his Wiseman reports (the Hornets really wanted LaMelo the whole time).

I’d take this with our 13 an 15 picks.

I’m not a huge fan of poeltl

The closer we get the one thing I feel fairly certain about is that I want Williams. He’s the one player In our range that I paid close attention to throughout the season and I feel confident in what I saw from him.

I’ve become a little bit nervous about Sochan and part of me is hoping he’s already off the board but I’d be ok with him.

You’re right on both counts. It hasn’t solved to softness problem and Cody isn’t the answer at SG … he’s simply a rotational player who defends pretty well and has developed a respectable, if streaky, outside shot.

We’d look to see PJ step up, or replace him. I like PJ, but there’s a reason I like Sochan & Eason for us in the draft. Both are dogged defenders who can guard 1-4 (1-5 in Sochan’s case). In the alternative reality I set out, we can afford to carry a lesser shooter at the #4 because Bamba can shoot the 3 nicely. So sub out Dyson Daniels for one of those two and I’m still very much on board.

Agreed. Branham has a way to go. Eason & Agbaji would certainly add some much needed D.