Cooper: 6’1" PG

Garza: center with skill and size

Maker: super measurement center,

Prkacin: PF with some skill

Springer: combo guard from Charlotte

JT Thor: pf/sf type

Bouknight: pure scoring SG type

Interest balance, definitely a wide range of prospects here

This more serious than earlier workouts, seem like looking for 56/57 and two way players.

Bouknight on my shortlist of for 11. NBA ready offensive skills, good size 6-5…and feel confident FO going to be all over probably more than any, not want Monk 2.0 at 11. Hope see interview as Cooper and Springer did.

Cooper missed half season cause of NCAA invest, but one of better freshmen playmakers 8 assist/4 TO and putting up points, 20 per in 12 games, not efficent at all 39%fg, 20%3p, and small.

Springer likeable and nice prospect but not seen separation from other bottom half first round guards to take at 11.

Is it just me and my ever optimistic view of the Hornet-NBA world that the math looks really good for us right now?

Barnes, Wagner, Johnson, Moody, Bouknight, Giddey all (to me) look like “hell yeah” draftees. The world seems to have already declared the top 4 + 1 (Kuminga being outside top 4 but alone at 5). That’s 11 guys and we know someone is bound to over reach for a Mitchell or Sengun or X. I really dig our chances of coming out of this thing with both options of whom we pick and someone around a RoCo/Ingles comp. That could be really effin’ tremendous for us if this is our last year shopping in the mid-lotto space.

Having no clue about the prospects, this cause for excitement.

However, I’m also prepared for one of the guys falling to our spot, we get stoked, and then they pick someone completely unexpected.

That is to say, still have the drinks ready.

I did some research on Bouknight. Not sure how he is not going topn10, but I would be all for him at 11. He looks to be a riser

1 Like

But that’s the point, look at that list and see if you can find anyone saying “not a value pick” on any of them? In the common era, I don’t recall a time we picked - aside from last year - that any draftee that will fall to us will be empirically a good pick.

You are right. This draft seems to be a lottery draft for sure. We are in a good spot.

Keon!

1 Like

For folks familiar with FIBA, does this reflect in any way, plus or minus on Sengun considering the competition?

He has gotten some sporadic minutes from Turkey, obviously the youngest guy on the team.

I think his numbers are good for 19 mins a game. He plays bigger than he is for sure.

I think my 1a is Moody and my 1b is Keon Johnson

I think it’s more like a defined top six. A clear top three, followed by a second three. I don’t see anyway Barnes drops out of the top 6. If he did I’d be all over trying to trade up as I think he’s a respectable shot away from being a tier one prospect. His D and facilitating are both top, top level.

I like Wagner, Keon Johnson & Moody for us with Bouknight, Sengun & (maybe) Kispert potentially in the mix too.

Giddey is the one who has me most nervous, of those who get mocked to us, as I just don’t see who he can guard. He lacks the athleticism to stay in front of Guards or Wings and the size & strength to guard 4s. If we’re looking for a secondary ball handler type then Wagner is a true point forward who defends very well, while Sengun has fantastic vision and passing ability for a centre(though is a little turnover prone).

There really are plenty of prospects out there who are lottery worthy. Pretty happy that Mitch will pick us a good one.

I don’t think I’d be behind trading down as I see a clear drop from the quality we’re looking at at 11 to those who will be at 16 & 18. You’re definitely saying goodbye to Wagner, Moody, Keon, Bouknight & probably Sengun too. We’d likely be looking at Garuba (who is very intriguing as he is relentless on D), Kai, Zaire etc. I’d need to see who’s there when we pick at 11.

Thoughts on Wagner as he would be in there with Moody & Keon for me at 11?

I can see that the positional need might move the Wings ahead of Wagner in the pecking order even if, in a vacuum, I think I’d pick Wagner ahead of both.

Barnes: i would take him if he fell but not trade up. see justice winslow, mkg, the fsu player last year and every other “if he could just get a shot” sf/pf in the last 10 years. kahwai seems to be the exception not the rule.

the giddey kid (highlights only) seems to be the classic “look at his shot” workout video that makes everyone forget that he actually can’t shoot in actual basketball games. i have gotten to where i am all for not drafting these guys.

2 Likes

I feel like Franz will struggle to find any consistent offensive game in the NBA, whereas Moody can already hit a shot and Keon Johnson is explosive enough to blow by NBA players

1 Like

I’m very intrigued by Sengun, I feel like he will either be Sabonis or Enes Kanter

1 Like

The significant problem for me with Sengun is that he looks attractive as hell to pair with LaMelo but outside of that, we’d have fit issues. He’s not a 5, so he needs to play alongside a rim defender (JB unchecks box). He’s not a 5 but a 4.2/4.3, he’s positionally no different than PJ so do you have to deal him to get that rim protection (Mitch unchecks the box)? Do you draft a PJ replacement when that could be selling at a low point and outcomes are far from predictable?

So yeah, if we use PJ as a trade chip for a primary center, I get it. But if not, it doesn’t make sense.

But I have to believe the FO saw Miles’ year 2 to year 3 transition and will convince themselves PJ can have a similar or greater a matriculation.

1 Like

Yea, I hear you. The completely subjective reason I chose to ignore this rule, to which I mostly adhere to, is that he is so good on D and his vision and passing are at such a high level that he can be your primary ball handler/distributer.

Outside of his vision and passing, which are undeniably excellent for his age, I don’t see him finishing well at the rim or shooting, as you say, in an actual game well enough.

Solo workout?

Think it’s pretty normal for top 15 type prospects

Johnson is pretty intriguing and I don’t buy into the character concerns

1 Like